College Football Bowl Contest

bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

College Football Bowl Contest

Post by bbattle » December 7th 2021, 3:23pm

It's College Football Bowl season and I have a fun contest for us all.

Simply Pick your winners for each bowl game and the Lord that picks the most winners will win a Citizen EcoDrive watch! Free to enter, anyone can win. And I mean anyone.

Here's the link to all the games: https://fbschedules.com/bowls/2021-22-b ... hedule.pdf

Circle your winner or otherwise indicate your choice for each game and post back on this thread.

The winner can pick one of these fabulous, practically never worn, watches.
1207211614.jpg
The one on the left is actually a deep blue. Not sure of the model. The one on the right is a Corso, in case you wanted to see how much they are going for these days.

Good Luck! Only one entry per household. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bbattle on December 7th 2021, 5:30pm, edited 1 time in total.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: College Football Bowl Contest

Post by jason_recliner » December 7th 2021, 6:32pm

Bahamas Bowl: gotta be Toledo. They could beat top Tennessee, let alone some second tier 'middle' team. 0

Tailgreeter: Sweet Carolina. Nothing could be finer. 1

RoofClaim: eh? Where are the teams? What the heck is a WKU? App State. At least State is an actual word. 0

Cricket: now we're talking. The Jacksons. 0

PUBG: Fresno. You gotta like their chances. 2

Radiance Tech: UAB. Their human rights record is despicable but at least I've heard of them. 3

Landing Tree: Eastern Michigan. Is there any other Michigan? 0

Jimmy Kimmel: Utah State!!! U-U-U-Utah State!!! (If you get that reference you may have partied too hard in the 90s) 4

R+L: Louisiana. Great food. 5

Myrtle Beach: Tulsa. Youth beats the old every time. 6

Famous Idaho: Kent. It's a type of pumpkin, and a pumpkin is just a big orange potato. 0

Tropical Smoothie: San Diego. I spent a week at UTSA one evening. 7

Lockheed Martin: Army. Wasn't Miss Ouri a drag queen in Adelaide back in the 80s? 8

Frisco: North Texas. Is there any other Texas? 0

Union Home Mortgage: UCF. Should be a cake walk against a gaggle of retirees. 9

EasyPost: Hawaii. When in doubt, back the home team. 0

Tax Act: Ball State. Hehehehehe 0

Quick Lane: Western Michigan. There's a Western Michigan now? What a world! 10

Military (again?): East (Sweet) Carolina. 0

TicketSmarter: Houston. Don't some of the Lords live there? 11

Servpro: Air Force. Have you seen their win/loss? You don't mess with the USAF. 12

AutoZone: Misisisi Messi misse mossy mississippippii massa... Texas Tech. 13

SDDCUU: UCLA Because it's just a bunch of letters? 0

Guaranteed: Virginia. A virgin is a beautiful thing. 0

Fenway Wasabi: as above 0

New Era: Virginia. more virgins. 0

Cheez It: the other one. Clemson sounds a bit ghey. 0

SDCCU: what? Worst name for a big game ever. Is there a team that isn't trans bitches suing Trump? I vote for them

The one after Cheez who cares at this point?!I think it's Valero. Oregon. I know Alain likes Oregon. Love you mate! 0

Duke's Mayo - Sweet Carolina nothing could be - oh. Right. Flip a coin, it's... North Carolina! 0

Perfect Trans: Both good trans names. I'm gonna root for Purdue 'coz I can spell it. 14

Chick Fil-A Peach: Pitt. Get it? 0

SRS Distribution: Wisconsin. Home of the Violent Femmes. 15

Tax Slayer: Rutgers, 'coz it sounds like Rudiger (one of the finest Simpsons bits of all time) 0

Tony the Tiger: Miami. Them sons a bitches in Washington, don't tread on me you sons a bitches! 0

Barstool: Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Boise! 0

Goodyear Cotton: Alabama, with a banjo on my knee! 16

Capital One: Georgia! You don't gotta flex like that! 17

Outback: Penn. If you can survive being married to Madonna, they name a university after you. That's pretty cool. 0

Play Station Fiesta: Notre Dame - they got one of those here, too. 0

Vrbo: Kentucky Fried Chicken. 18

Rose Bowl: Utah State!!! U-U-U-Utah State!!!

Allstate Sugar: Ole!

TaxAct: LSU. Used to love tripping balls, back in the day.

CFP National: BAMA/CINC
Last edited by jason_recliner on January 1st 2022, 6:36pm, edited 37 times in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 8th 2021, 6:35am

jason_recliner wrote:
December 7th 2021, 6:32pm
Bahamas Bowl: gotta be Toledo. They could beat top Tennessee, let alone some second tier 'middle' team.

Tailgreeter: Sweet Carolina. Nothing could be finer.

RoofClaim: eh? Where are the teams? What the heck is a WKU? App State. At least State is an actual word.

Cricket: now we're talking. The Jacksons.
WKU stands for Western Kentucky University. They are known as The Hilltoppers.

App State stands for Appalachian State University. They are called the Mountaineers and the school is in Boone, North Carolina.

Every year there are new sponsors for bowl games and it is so hard to pick winners because the teams competing haven't played each other, some teams aren't very motivated, or the players party too much the night before. The games played in January are the really serious ones and they are held at very big stadiums in large cities with room for all the fans.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 9th 2021, 5:15pm

The watches up for grabs are very nice. Thin, so they'll fit under any cuff. Run off solar power and have scads of battery life. And, because they won't cost anything but a smidge of your time, you won't care if the cat knocks it off the counter or the dog buries it in the backyard.

I need better pictures of the blue one; it's really quite suave and sophisticated.
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » December 9th 2021, 5:36pm

smellody wrote:
December 7th 2021, 11:22pm
Thanks for the contest!!

I love to win!!

Oops, I missed the UCLA match up.

Thanks for this truly awesome contest. I know nothing about these teams (besides Oregon State) so it is true random chance for me!

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 10th 2021, 5:22pm

bbattle wrote:
December 10th 2021, 5:14pm
Hey, here's a helpful link with the point spreads for all the bowl games. If you don't have any idea how to pick the winning teams, let someone else do it for you. And who better than the oddsmakers in Vegas.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/3 ... bowl-games
Eh. I got this.

If it thinks, it stinks
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 15th 2021, 5:07am

Only a few more days to enter this contest. Nothing to lose, so much to gain. So far, only two Lords have bothered.

Remember, your choice of either of these fine Citizen Ecodrive watches. I think I wore one of them once. Box included. Would make an awesome Christmas gift for a coworker.

bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 17th 2021, 5:46pm

If anyone still plans to play, you'll need to post your pics before the first bowl game starts Friday night.

The grand prize is a Citizen Ecodrive but I may throw in some examples of my vast blood donor t-shirt collection just to sweeten the pot.
Last edited by bbattle on December 18th 2021, 3:55am, edited 1 time in total.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 18th 2021, 3:54am

First two bowls are done and the Middle Tennessee State University Blue Raiders beat the Toledo Rockets in the Bahamas Bowl and the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers beat the Northern Illinois Huskies in the Tailgreeter Cure Bowl.

Tailgreeter is a digital marketplace headquartered in Chicago, Ill., that connects tailgate hosts with fans that prefer to join a tailgate instead of trying to set it up themselves. Tailgreeter is elevating fans’ game day experiences one parking lot at a time. With hosts in more than 100 locations around the world and tailgates ranging from football and soccer games to races and concerts, Tailgreeter affords everyone an opportunity to enjoy an affordable, hassle-free experience. Find out more at www.Tailgreeter.com

The Tailgreeter Cure Bowl is more than a game. It is a platform to raise awareness for cancer research and recognize those that are fighting cancer or have survived cancer. Funds raised from the Tailgreeter Cure Bowl directly benefit cancer research organizations such as the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). Since 2015, the bowl has helped raise a collective $3.88 million dollars to benefit cancer research. To learn more, visit CureBowl.com

THE CHANTICLEER
­– a proud and fierce rooster – is the unique moniker/mascot for Coastal Carolina University’s mascot and athletics teams. The Chanticleer is derived from the crafty, quick-thinking rooster in Geoffrey Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales," specifically, "The Nun's Priest Tale."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 18th 2021, 11:29am

I was out shopping and while in the car got to listen to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers versus the Appalachian State Mountaineers. Tons of offense; I don't think WKU has a running back; they just throw all the time.

When WKU moved from their campus to their new location, it was up on a big hill in Bowling Green, Kentucky; hence their name "hilltoppers". Their mascot is Big Red.

Western Kentucky University’s Big Red is one of college sports’ favorite mascots, mainly because nobody knows what it’s supposed to be. Big Red is a valuable mascot on Big Red’s own merits, capably dancing and celebrating and interacting with fans and opposing cheerleaders, but it’s the strangeness that really does it. What a delightful lump.
Big Red's signature moves are the belly slide and belly shake.
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » December 19th 2021, 3:20pm

bbattle wrote:
December 19th 2021, 12:12pm
I'm 6-3 so far. Shouldn't have doubted the local team, UAB Blazers. They are down in Birmingham. UAB has a world class medical school; especially with regards to sports medicine. All the NFL players go there when they blow out a knee.
That sound like a great record. I need to find a schedule of games and results to date. I know my Beavs 🦫 screwed me on one set. .
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » December 19th 2021, 8:19pm

jason_recliner wrote:
December 19th 2021, 8:06pm
bbattle wrote:
December 19th 2021, 7:40pm
www.espn.com is a good place to check scores.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... s-matchups
Perfect. Thanks.

5 wins picked so far!
I'm 6&2 for my winners for the 8 of 9 I could find.

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 19th 2021, 8:41pm

smellody wrote:
December 19th 2021, 8:19pm
jason_recliner wrote:
December 19th 2021, 8:06pm
bbattle wrote:
December 19th 2021, 7:40pm
www.espn.com is a good place to check scores.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... s-matchups
Perfect. Thanks.

5 wins picked so far!
I'm 6&2 for my winners for the 8 of 9 I could find.

Goddammit.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “The Recliner Sports Room”