One Of These Is Different Than The Others - Service Time!!

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

One Of These Is Different Than The Others - Service Time!!

Post by Nuvolari » June 27th 2020, 8:43pm

I have a small collection of Rolex - two I keep on a winder and one that is parked in a dust-free watch box.
9E87FE43-76BA-41E3-8B04-D00B73A702E3.jpeg
The wildcard among these über-reliable watches is that the Submariner, a gift from my wife circa 2006, has never been serviced. IIRC, she may have bought it at Costco? Long before they got into their tussle with the Swatch group... but now I would recognize that Costco then was a grey-market dealer... but ignorance was bliss and “we” never had an issue.
BF4FCA1F-0043-44B4-A47E-9BBAC17B9577.jpeg
I took the Submariner out of said watch box, wound it, and within about maybe an hour or so it had picked up TEN minutes.

It’s safe to assume what was once oil is now more of a glue like substance - and I’ll bet the escapement was barely making half-a-turn before rebounding.

So... today, it went off to my esteemed watch maker Tam... or more, appropriately, his wife Christine.

I pulled up to the shop, texted them to let them know I had arrived (I had an “appointment” to drop it off). She replies to remind me to wear a mask, which I am wearing, and eventually comes out the front door to take the watch from me through the passenger’s window of my car.

She advised they will let the watch sit for 10 days before looking into the mechanical issue...

And THAT is the adaptive world in which we are current living...
:dssd:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
koimaster
Founder

Re: One Of These Is Different Than The Others - Service Time!!

Post by koimaster » June 27th 2020, 9:32pm

She advised they will let the watch sit for 10 days before looking into the mechanical issue...

And THAT is the adaptive world in which we are current living...
It took me three months before I even tried on my new Zeno because it came from Queens, NY and that was after letting it sit for a month, cleaning it several times with clorox wipes and multiple times in uv-c case.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: One Of These Is Different Than The Others - Service Time!!

Post by TemerityB » July 1st 2020, 5:58pm

koimaster wrote:
June 27th 2020, 9:32pm

It took me three months before I even tried on my new Zeno because it came from Queens, NY and that was after letting it sit for a month, cleaning it several times with clorox wipes and multiple times in uv-c case.
Off topic: I invested in a UV-C case, too. Why not?

I feel ya, nuvo. We are really living in a hurry-up-and-wait era right now.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Rolex & Tudor Forum”