DUBOIS ET FILS DBF006 BIDYNATOR

All things Swiss
koimaster
Founder

DUBOIS ET FILS DBF006 BIDYNATOR

Post by koimaster » May 23rd 2020, 9:14am

When I was in my early twenties, I remember chatting to a friend’s grandmother. I can still recall her stating, “In my day, fruit was sweeter, salads were tastier and meat was more flavoursome. In fact, everything was better”. At the time, I silently dismissed her remarks and felt she was looking back at the past through rose-tinted spectacles.

Now, I am 52 years of age and more than a little weatherworn. I often feel a little detached from today’s society and, like the aforementioned grandmother, I view many objects from the past in a more positive light than their present-day counterparts.
I wonder if Thomas Steinemann, the CEO of Swiss watch brand, DuBois et fils, shares my view of the world.

Recently, his company has looked to the past and used a movement that was invented nearly 70 years ago, the Bidynator. This vintage movement made by FELSA was the first automatic movement with a ‘double-sided winding rotor’, today more commonly known as a bidirectional rotor. The movement was originally intended for watches worn by manual workers, hence it had to be robust.

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/arti ... ator.html/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Swiss Watches”