Rolex Submariner vs the Tudor Pelagos

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Rolex Submariner vs the Tudor Pelagos

Post by Racer-X » May 2nd 2020, 12:44pm

"This month, I had the good fortune to simultaneously have in my possession a Rolex Submariner and a Tudor Pelagos. Of course, a head-to-head comparison was inevitable, but not for all of the obvious reasons. Yes, these are two black dial dive watches and they come from the same parent company, but what I really wanted to explore is the criteria I feel makes the Tudor Pelagos so compelling from both the on-the-wrist and consumer viewpoints. This might be a bold statement, but in early 2020, and in my opinion, the Tudor Pelagos is a better dive watch than the Rolex Submariner. Hear me out."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/rolex-su ... r-pelagos/

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Rolex Submariner vs the Tudor Pelagos

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 2nd 2020, 2:19pm

conjurer wrote:
May 2nd 2020, 1:32pm
A Sub might possibly get you a blowjob from a shallow, brand-obsessed MILF, whereas the Tudor won't.

Therefore, the Sub is a better dive watch.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
boscoe
ASSHAT

Re: Rolex Submariner vs the Tudor Pelagos

Post by boscoe » May 2nd 2020, 3:13pm

Since I own them both, I will say it is comparing Oranges to Grapefruits though the Pelagos is probably the better tool based on depth, materials and price alone.
The Submariner has moved into jewelry due to its gag-me-with-a-wooden-spatula price.
I wouldn't risk jumping into the ocean with an 8K (used) watch on my wrist. I wouldn't mind doing it with the 4K Tudor. Not sure what that says about me....
However, I wear my Subs (Rolex 16663 two tone, a black dial "regular" Sub and classic/vintage Tudor with Rolex case and crown) way more than my Pelages. Not for prestige. They fit me better and look better (though I do like the classic snowflake hand homage on the Pelages).
But I like the Pelages for being light and relatively unusual. Dial is bit big for my taste, but that same comment applies to all the Black Bay Tudors in my stash.
As for the writer in the original post, he made his conclusion WITHOUT using either watch as intended. I have not take my Pelagos on a scuba adventure, but I have worn it snorkeling off the Florida coast. Likewise with my Tudor Sub (vintage), which is essentially the Rolex since it has the same case and bracelet. (Movements are different. Tudor is ETA).
I have become gun-shy about the T-Sub, too. I bought for $800, spent another $500 cleaning and bringing back to snuff. Now worth 6-11K depending on who you believe. Aint wearing that in the ocean anymore, either.

Return to “General Watch talk”