Horological Distancing.

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Horological Distancing.

Post by koimaster » March 26th 2020, 9:05am

When the zeno arrived last week, my daughter used disinfectant spray on the box and interior packing and watch box and watch. She the used a clorox wipe of some type on the watch and strap. The package had come nyc.

I have two 40oz packages of coffee arriving tomorrow from community coffee which is louisiana. All of the exterior packaging will be handled with gloves and disinfectant.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » March 26th 2020, 10:26am

We just had groceries delivered for the first time. It was from a local chain and as the shopper shopped he sent real time texts if a substitution was called for. Bags were left at the door and we took them in and wiped everything down according to the following video. Maybe overkill, maybe not. Being older with some underlying conditions and not much else to do it was no big deal.
As for watches,I'm more concerned with shipping delays ornot getting the watch more than anythging else.

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » March 26th 2020, 12:35pm

foghorn wrote:
March 26th 2020, 10:26am
We just had groceries delivered for the first time. It was from a local chain and as the shopper shopped he sent real time texts if a substitution was called for. Bags were left at the door and we took them in and wiped everything down according to the following video. Maybe overkill, maybe not. Being older with some underlying conditions and not much else to do it was no big deal.
As for watches,I'm more concerned with shipping delays ornot getting the watch more than anythging else.

Well done video. Just seems unbelievable this is necessary, but here we are.
artman
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by artman » March 26th 2020, 3:03pm

iwasbanned wrote:
March 26th 2020, 10:27am
my beautiful seadweller is stuck in dallas for the forseeable future. i can't believe watchmakers aren't on the essential worker's list! worse when they return it, it'll probably come back with coronavirus. My sweet Rolex, how I miss thee!

That's fucking tragic man.

Return to “General Watch talk”