3 Cheap Exotic Cars For Less Than A C8

Cars, planes, boats & movies
boscoe
ASSHAT

Re: 3 Cheap Exotic Cars For Less Than A C8

Post by boscoe » March 26th 2020, 1:44pm

HI Alain & all:

Got to see the C8 in the sheet metal during a recent outing a Corvette Owners Driving School. Heart-stopping exterior. Looks more Italian than a Ferrari. Don't like the interior, though. There's this weird wing filled with switches.
Didn't get to drive.
I did get to do two days on track (and in parking lot) with the outgoing C7 Z-51. I came away very impressed and convinced this variation of Corvette is every bit a sportscar as a Porsche.
Alain knows I was always a bit dismissive of the Vette as being a mere straight line machine and wannabe racer.
From teachers who have driven both, the C8 far outshines the C7. So to the point of Alain's post, I'd opt for the Corvette instead of these budget models.
That said, I sprang for a 2019 Corvette - after months on C8 waiting list - due to the substantial difference in price. C8 full sticker, 2019 12-13K off.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: 3 Cheap Exotic Cars For Less Than A C8

Post by koimaster » March 26th 2020, 2:36pm

boscoe wrote:
March 26th 2020, 1:44pm
HI Alain & all:

Got to see the C8 in the sheet metal during a recent outing a Corvette Owners Driving School. Heart-stopping exterior. Looks more Italian than a Ferrari. Don't like the interior, though. There's this weird wing filled with switches.
Didn't get to drive.
I did get to do two days on track (and in parking lot) with the outgoing C7 Z-51. I came away very impressed and convinced this variation of Corvette is every bit a sportscar as a Porsche.
Alain knows I was always a bit dismissive of the Vette as being a mere straight line machine and wannabe racer.
From teachers who have driven both, the C8 far outshines the C7. So to the point of Alain's post, I'd opt for the Corvette instead of these budget models.
That said, I sprang for a 2019 Corvette - after months on C8 waiting list - due to the substantial difference in price. C8 full sticker, 2019 12-13K off.

Nice to see you here again Dan. I hope you and the wife are well. Good to know you are now a Vette owner although I imagine the Mrs still drives a Porsche. I hope to see you here a bit more. The rooster has been going batshit crazy of late and needs you to keep him in line.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Drive in”