Your Pet Peeves

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
codguy
ASSHAT

Your Pet Peeves

Post by codguy » February 14th 2020, 11:27am

I have many and will share more as days goes by.

- Fat chicks wearing leggings/yoga pants. Hello, it is not flattering and I might have just finished lunch.

- Members claiming they can't afford a $2,000 watch ("thats a nice watch but out of my price range")......... then proceeds to purchase six watches at $350 each. You actually can afford one Holmes, you simply elect not to.................. so STFU.

- Delicate Snowflakes ......... and those that are now "woke".

- "Gunrange Commandos" with their $3000 "combat rifle", wearing all the latest "operator garb", can't maintain a 6" group at 100 yards and feel the need to walk down the line offering their superior marksmanship knowledge to everyone else.

- Following behind cars with visqueen/tape for windows. Fix the fucking thing or park it, you can't see out of that piece of shit.

- Four door cars with huge wings installed...... nice family car pal, you got a baby seat in that thing?

- Autos at stop lights with bass/music that shake my fucking windows. Nice hearing loss Coz, turn that shit down and thank me later.

- Dyed in the wool Chevrolet drag racers whom hate everything Fords/Ford Engineering........only to see a nice Ford 9" rearend installed on their Bowtie.

- Vintage Ford rods with small block chevs installed....... FFS, put a Chrysler in your Mopar, a GM in your GM and a Ford in your Ford. Jesus fucking christ!

- Members that feel the need to double space bullet points, use a ton of periods (............), parenthesize everything and use quotation marks like there is no tomorrow.

- Forum folks needing to constantly start new bunny posts to boost the ever important post count.

- People whom feels the need to let everyone know what their pet peeves are and who promises to share even more.

- Members who solicits other members to contribute to their forum posts.

How about you fellow Lords? Please participate with your list of pet peeves.

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Your Pet Peeves

Post by foghorn » February 14th 2020, 11:45am

I,for the most part, agree with many of your,very understandable, Pet Peeves...............However, I believe that some of these "pet peeves" (not necessarily yours,mind you) might be "par for the course" for many members ,not just here, but of many fora.
But ,as usual...................................YMMV.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 14th 2020, 11:54am

Snowflakes

Fake Aviators

Fake SEALS

tv commercials

shitty watches made for tv

millennials in general

Apple "watches"

folks from Cali who come to Oregon and brag about how much they sold their shitty $100K house for.

Pirus and the left hand lane drivers. Get the fuck out of my way or I will run your ass off the road with my gas guzzling, carbon neutral SUV

People who tell me what a Patriot is when they were too chickenshit to have served.

trolls like the accutron troll

wiley lowe

lemmings in general

Corvette owners with garage queen vettes. (Fuck, drive the god damn hell out of it!)

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » February 14th 2020, 11:59am

Most recently added to the pet peeves list:

Dumbasses who can't handle a traffic circle

People who don't prepare for the end of life

Snowflakes

People easily offended

Willful ignorance
"I believe in a God who doesn't need heavy financing." Irwin M. Fletcher, Fletch Lives, 1989
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Post by mrneddles » February 14th 2020, 2:23pm

Right hand drive cars

Anyone who did medical training at Duke and insists on letting everyone know about it

California transplants who like to say "Well, in California..(Fill in the blank)...."

Inspirational quotes or Bible verses on social media

Being asked for my email at retail stores

Tardiness

Tag Heuers (Since this is a watch forum)
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 14th 2020, 5:28pm

Hmmm... My list of pet peeves? Should anyone ask me about it, I'd suggest being careful what ya wish for, I actually might write down that list.

Some time ago, I wrote my version of the Gilbert & Sullivan classic...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47404
...but I guess the real "little list" of mine is far longer than that.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » February 14th 2020, 11:26pm

I would just like to point out...….that my Very Important Post Count has just reached 30554.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » February 15th 2020, 12:02am

Congrats on 30,554 posts John. Too many haters said you wouldn't make 30, 000. Take that bitches.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » February 15th 2020, 12:13am

codguy wrote:
February 14th 2020, 11:27am

-

- Forum folks needing to constantly start new bunny posts to boost the ever important post count.

+1.

We also need more critter pics, lollloLoollllloolllllololololol.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 15th 2020, 12:45am

Mark1 wrote:
February 15th 2020, 12:13am
codguy wrote:
February 14th 2020, 11:27am

-

+1.

We also need more critter pics, lollloLoollllloolllllololololol.

I can zero out the post count if you all want. :mrgreen:

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » February 15th 2020, 2:35am

movements called engines?
And what about the "wear in good health, bro"?
Anyways, of course I know what a pet is, so I thought this was another pet-thread. But peeves I did not know yet. So I would like to add:

Members who use uncommon to me terms and phrases in thread titles :mrgreen:

(I was really wondering, of course there are lots of English words which I can not properly pronounce or translate - but only few that I don't recall ever to have seen or read before. I found out now, that "pet peeve" is a rather common term, so that is really my own fault of course. About the word peeve itself I learned:
The word “peeve” is a noun meaning something that irritates or annoys. It was back-formed from the adjective “peevish,” which means irritable or ill-tempered, around the beginning of the 20th Century. A “pet peeve” is something that is particularly or especially annoying to someone in a personal way.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
MAX

Post by MAX » February 15th 2020, 5:43am

conjurer wrote:
February 14th 2020, 11:26pm
I would just like to point out...….that my Very Important Post Count has just reached 30554.
Normally I would say "So many words, so little content" but I cant do that in your case John.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » February 15th 2020, 11:15am

SJWs and PC Police generally with a special extra serving of peeve specifically for "cultural appropriation SJWs".

Several of COD's and Koi's that I wish I had been first with.

Learning that my unlimited capacity for the enjoyment of schadenfreude is, in fact, finite.

Tachymeter bezels on non-chronographs. World time watches that need sticky-notes to function.

And this little purple fucker:

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 15th 2020, 11:19am

Cheaters.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » February 15th 2020, 11:27am

Hawk wrote:
February 15th 2020, 11:15am

Learning that my unlimited capacity for the enjoyment of schadenfreude is, in fact, finite.

Would You mind to elaborate on that, please? :mrgreen:
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » February 15th 2020, 12:01pm

gerdson wrote:
February 15th 2020, 11:27am
Hawk wrote:
February 15th 2020, 11:15am

Would You mind to elaborate on that, please? :mrgreen:
I would but "anything and everything else" is not to be overtly political. Suffice to say I gorged on hippy tears while one guy's overreach was undone but reached my fill when the new guys overreach exceeded the amount needed to correct the previous abuses and then stretched precedent. He operates independent of the "barrel law" - the law that states that anything you do will have to be endured when it's your turn in the barrel.

I enjoy deregulation and the dismantling of the state picking winners and losers - right up until new regulations quantitively exceed the previous amount and the state goes back to picking winners and losers while being distinguished only by picking different winners. Neither Solyndra nor Coal will burnish anybody's CV.

Still it was distressing to feel the ever so tasteful hippy tears turn to ashes in my mouth. I thought I could enjoy it much more than I did.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”