Bvlgari Exits Baselworld 2020

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Bvlgari Exits Baselworld 2020

Post by Racer-X » February 11th 2020, 4:24pm

"Stop the presses! Bvlgari has something to say…

Although I’ve always wanted to say that, I really wish it wasn’t under these circumstances. Minutes ago, the news that Bvlgari will not be attending Baselworld 2020 broke. As one of the most exciting and forward-thinking brands of the past decade, Bvlgari’s absence is a real blow to a fair already reeling from a mass exodus.

A decision for now-
Bvlgari has made one thing very clear: This is not yet a decision to end the brand’s relationship with Baselworld going forward. It is simply a decision for now. Given the roaring success of LVMH’s watch week and the positive reception to Bvlgari’s latest releases (such as the Bvlgari Octo Finissimo Minute Repeater In Sandblasted Rose Gold that we covered here), the brand feels its best option for the remainder of 2020 is to visit its prominent markets directly."

https://www.fratellowatches.com/breakin ... orld-2020/

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Bvlgari Exits Baselworld 2020

Post by koimaster » February 11th 2020, 4:45pm

I thought you meant bugatti. I could care less about Bvlgari. They have some name you cannot spell anyway.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle (Online)
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » February 11th 2020, 5:14pm

It's cheaper to rent a conference room or small hall in the hotel across the street and show off your watches there. A lot of high-end audio companies have done that for years rather than shell out big bucks to be part of the cattle corral that is CES.

They mentioned the coronavirus as a possible reason to skip Baselworld; people are far more likely to get sick from the shrimp at the buffet than to contract the coronavirus.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 11th 2020, 7:36pm

If to think of that, there were more than enough cases of "plagues," which the panic-loving media have made to look like a return of the bubonic plague. My generation alone was supposed to have been wiped out by SARS, Ebola, bird flu, swine flu...
Coronavirus, a reason for a company leaving a watch fair? As far as excuses go, this one's particularly lame.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » February 11th 2020, 10:38pm

It appears to be a trend in that it appears watch manufactures {manufacturers} would rather court you into attending a “special event” where you can check out their latest spectacular offering in the comfort of a fancy boutique or large rented venue - without the indignity of displaying your wares adjacent to direct competition.

Similarly, many automobile manufacturers are electing to forego presenting new models along the car show circuit and instead conduct their own dog-and-pony show for a more specifically-targeted audience.

A bit of a shift in the marketing approach... there will be more.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 12th 2020, 10:26am

2021 will be all teevee brands by then if this shit keeps up- wow.

The trend continues just as predicted by T in his looks in at the industry's one time chief influencer dying on the vine.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 12th 2020, 3:04pm

^^^^^^

At this rate, the speakers' table at BaselWorld this year will be Dim Demple, PhatKat, Wiley Lowe, The Teutonic Turd Burglar (TM), Rick Kalina, for some reason Kathy Bates, and a hologram of Nicolas Hayek taking a sip of tea.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » February 12th 2020, 3:56pm

TemerityB wrote:
February 12th 2020, 3:04pm
^^^^^^

At this rate, the speakers' table at BaselWorld this year will be Dim Demple, PhatKat, Wiley Lowe, The Teutonic Turd Burglar (TM), Rick Kalina, for some reason Kathy Bates, and a hologram of Nicolas Hayek taking a sip of tea.
Basel goes ghetto. Eyal is going to claim it’s lonely at the top of the trash heap.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 13th 2020, 5:11pm

foghorn wrote:
February 12th 2020, 4:11pm
I'm just cumin to realize that I don't have the thyme for Basil.
What a great line!
Thanks, TumericB
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “General Watch talk”