Why thick watches are no good

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Why thick watches are no good

Post by Racer-X » January 31st 2020, 3:39pm

"I’m rather fortunate in my role here at Time+Tide — I get to wear a lot of different watches. In fact, in 2019 alone I tried on and wore more than 200 different timepieces. Getting to experience this many different watches is a privilege, and while each and every one had both positives and negatives, they all need to be praised just for existing because, after all, technically speaking, wristwatches aren’t exactly essential in 2020.

That being said, however, if there was one overriding takeaway from all the timepieces I wore last year, it was this — I hate thick watches. Ugh … OK, maybe hate is too strong a word … perhaps strongly dislike is more appropriate. I also need to qualify a few things first. If a timepiece is thick for a specific reason, like to provide better water resistance, for example, then it gets a pass. In fact, any tool watch that’s on the portly side is OK in my book, as long as the extra girth serves a purpose."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/opinion- ... e-no-good/

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Why thick watches are no good

Post by TemerityB » January 31st 2020, 4:54pm

Wow! James Robinson balls up his fists, throws a bunch, and doesn't pull it. Refreshing.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Why thick watches are no good

Post by TemerityB » February 1st 2020, 1:34pm

foghorn wrote:
February 1st 2020, 7:22am
What constitutes thick?
An 18mm high Invicter, which you'd have to be thick to covet in the first place. Or, anything recommended by PhatKat Collections.

Or something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoym9Q3eF-Y
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “General Watch talk”