Wearing a watch in the Snow... yyyy

artman
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Wearing a watch in the Snow... yyyy

Post by artman » January 29th 2020, 4:41pm

Our first trip this year will be to Sapporo, Japan to partake in the Sapporo Ice Festival. Yes, I am paying good money to leave the the warmth of the tropics to frolic in the snow. Yesterday, while planning our trip, my wife asked me if it was safe to wear a watch in sub-freezing weather. I found this article online: https://blog.crownandcaliber.com/will-t ... ect-watch/ but it did not give me a straight answer.

So I come before the lords who annually have to brave these conditions... is it safe to wear a watch in the snow? Please join me in the chatbox to discuss or leave comments below.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Wearing a watch in the Snow... yyyy

Post by foghorn » January 29th 2020, 4:59pm

Being a life long New England resident I say YES,it's safe!! I've never noticed anything different when I wear a watch in freezing fucking cold weather 4 months out of the year. As far as wearing a watch while partaking in snowy activities like skiing and other irrational activities that require cold,wet, miserable conditions then wear anything you would normally wear to the beach. Snow melts and eventually becomes really cold water.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 29th 2020, 10:19pm

Indeed. The warmth from your wrist will keep the watch suitably warm. As long as the water resistance is there, you should be fine.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » January 30th 2020, 12:05am

I froze a lowly Invicta Prodiver into a block of ice and it was fine. Any watch with a moderate wr rating and a screw down crown should be okay.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
smellody (Online)

Post by smellody » February 10th 2020, 6:50pm

artman wrote:
February 10th 2020, 3:25pm
I wore this and it worked just fine. As they predicted the temperature hovered in the 20's and dipped into the teens. It snowed everyday and it was beautiful, but I'm glad I don't have to live in those conditions anymore.
Perfect watch and perfect setting.

Let it snow!!!!!
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 10th 2020, 8:11pm

Freakin' killer photos, artie.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “General Watch talk”