So today some folks from China tried a DNS attack

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here
koimaster
Founder

So today some folks from China tried a DNS attack

Post by koimaster » January 13th 2020, 12:40pm

Denial of Service attack by attempting to overload our server. It failed as have previous ones. They got up to over 700 users before I noticed them and blocked the attack. No big deal but if you ever see huge numbers on line, it is a potential DNS attack.

Fuck them and their mothers as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: So today some folks from China tried a DNS attack

Post by svaglic » January 14th 2020, 9:18am

This is cool because we are a self supporting site. We have auctions and donations to keep the lights on. Alain has excellent knowledge of computers and all that goes with computers. He has gotten the best set up and security he can get with the donations.
I can’t think of another site that is as well off in the security area as we are. I can’t think of another site that has someone knowledgeable in computers running the site. Most sites crash on updates, not ours. Other sites have been crashed by spammers, not ours.
Thank you Alain. I know zilch on this stuff, all I know is that you keep it going.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 14th 2020, 9:20am

svaglic wrote:
January 14th 2020, 9:18am
This is cool because we are a self supporting site. We have auctions and donations to keep the lights on. Alain has excellent knowledge of computers and all that goes with computers. He has gotten the best set up and security he can get with the donations.
I can’t think of another site that is as well off in the security area as we are. I can’t think of another site that has someone knowledgeable in computers running the site. Most sites crash on updates, not ours. Other sites have been crashed by spammers, not ours.
Thank you Alain. I know zilch on this stuff, all I know is that you keep it going.
Well said. The Chicomms have nothing on Alain.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 14th 2020, 10:23am

svaglic wrote:
January 14th 2020, 9:18am
I appreciate it but Dion is the guru here. I just turn the lights on and make sure the fireplace is lit.

1946-2006

gerdson
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by gerdson » January 15th 2020, 12:03pm

Haha, I briefly saw the message You left for the commies today. Thought almost my IP also once more got banned...
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 15th 2020, 12:09pm

gerdson wrote:
January 15th 2020, 12:03pm
Haha, I briefly saw the message You left for the commies today. Thought almost my IP also once more got banned...
I thought I excluded your IP addresses? I wonder if the commies will ever get the cute messages I leave for them and for spammers.

1946-2006

Return to “Announcements”