The luxury watch ban hammer

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

The luxury watch ban hammer

Post by koimaster » November 28th 2019, 12:11am

The Luxury Watch Ban Hammer

November 26, 2019

Word is beginning to spread that buyers of certain luxury steel sports watches have unwittingly entered into a sacred pact with certain brands. The pact is this: if you are eventually selected off an unimaginably long wait list you may buy a watch that isn't supplied in great enough numbers. But you may not sell it. If you do, you will be prohibited from buying that brand again. The brand will drop the ban hammer.

In an article published Nov 24, 2019 in GQ an anonymous author states that after having quickly sold his Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167 for a tidy profit, "Patek Philippe knows that it is not [his] anymore. They found out and [he is] not sure how. [His] name could be potentially circulated among other Patek ADs, [he is] told. The AD (who [he] had a great relationship with) will no longer offer [him] 'hard to buy watches'."

And from Watchpro we have: "people that do manage to buy an investment-grade watch and flip it for a profit are being hunted down and blacklisted by brands, retailers and sometimes both. Serial numbers can be traced back to an authorized dealer that sold a watch that was then flipped. The customer can be identified and, `They will never get a watch from us again,' Mr Seddiqi revealed." Mr. Seddiqi operates one of the most significant watch retail stores in Dubai.

https://www.horolonomics.com/2019/11/th ... zKSaHMZOOk

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The luxury watch ban hammer

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » November 28th 2019, 12:14pm

The economics talk lost me, I don't have the calculating sort of mind.

I just wonder... What the fuck are the louts at PP thinking? That they'll stop the grey market dealers and flippers by treating people like garbage?

All the Tim Mossos, Watchfinders, and other fleecing fucks of this world will just keep doing what they're doing. PP will "ban" a flipper or, so to speak, an envoy/decoy/shill, and these guys will just get another one. And because the watch got "harder to get", they'll ask even more for it. And not only will they carry on, they'll be fucking happy.

Patek, for number of reasons, is a brand that I don't really respect. Oh, the finishing on the movements is OK, but not better than what their direct competitors can offer. And that not-really-special stuff is put in cases with a boring, all-polished finish, and topped with a dial designed...with Paint and Microsoft Word, by the looks of it.

The founder of PP, Mr. Patek, was a Pole. And it looks like PP now draws inspiration from Poland... Only it's from Poland's Commie days.

Bet that's the average PP boutique/AD with well-stocked shelves...

And then there's the queue:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » November 28th 2019, 1:31pm

I'll never buy another one of those fucking things as long as I live.
In fact you fucking cocksucking, motherfucking, arrogant swiss cheese for fucking brains schuntzas, I'm never even going to buy my first one, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 28th 2019, 5:15pm

This is the one I still can't get over:

If I buy a new Ford, and I sell it to you a year later, you get what's left of the original warranty.

If you buy a new Rolex, but you sell it to me, I get no warranty whatsoever. Nada. Nothing. Rolex, as of about three years ago, says only the original buyer can be covered by a Rolex warranty.

Ever wonder why I buy pre-owned so much?
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » November 29th 2019, 9:05am

TemerityB wrote:
November 28th 2019, 5:15pm
This is the one I still can't get over:

If I buy a new Ford, and I sell it to you a year later, you get what's left of the original warranty.

If you buy a new Rolex, but you sell it to me, I get no warranty whatsoever. Nada. Nothing. Rolex, as of about three years ago, says only the original buyer can be covered by a Rolex warranty.

Ever wonder why I buy pre-owned so much?
Precisely.
"Were you not close enough to a great king to learn from his example?"
Salah-Haddin Kingdom of Heaven
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » November 29th 2019, 10:45am

TemerityB wrote:
Some of the exotic Fords have restrictions on resale as well ........... and some people simply forgets.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/21623/joh ... is-ford-gt

This is to prevent someone purchasing a hard to come by $500k car just for the purpose of flipping it. Ford is not alone in this.

Russian ^ leader ............. ^ Democrat
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » November 29th 2019, 11:22am

codguy wrote:
November 29th 2019, 10:45am
TemerityB wrote:
Some of the exotic Fords have restrictions on resale as well ........... and some people simply forgets.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/21623/joh ... is-ford-gt

This is to prevent someone purchasing a hard to come by $500k car just for the purpose of flipping it. Ford is not alone in this.
Sure is an expensive lease- guess there's just no shortage of complete fucking assholes with money.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner

Return to “General Watch talk”