Man Selling Fake Watches On Offer Up arrested

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Man Selling Fake Watches On Offer Up arrested

Post by koimaster » November 24th 2019, 6:15pm

A man has been arrested for selling counterfeit Rolex watches after he offered to sell some to an undercover Miami-Dade detective.

According to the arrest report, an independent investigator who is specially trained by brands to identify counterfeit merchandise notified a Miami-Dade detective that Victor Skorokhod, 32, was selling fake Rolex watches on the app OfferUp.

The detective and the investigator worked undercover to meet with Skorokhod at a Target parking lot located in North Miami Beach, according to the report.

Skorokhod showed the two men a total of eight watches, including seven "Rolex" watches and one "Richard Millie."

According to the report, he said the Rolex watches were available for $200 each and the Richard Millie for $600. He also allegedly said the watches were "triple A copies," or as close to the originals as possible.

For the detective and investigator, this was as much a confirmation as they needed that the watches were fake, and they proceeded to arrest Skorokhod, according to the report.
He was taken to jail on one count of selling counterfeit labels.

The investigator determined that if the the watches had been real, they would have had a retail value of $335,350.

Also in his possession were what he claimed were genuine Swiss Made invicta watches worth over $2500 each MSRP. Detectives determined they were worthless.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Man ... 5woj4VUKLg

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Man Selling Fake Watches On Offer Up arrested

Post by conjurer » November 24th 2019, 8:17pm

Interestingly, back at my old job, a shoplifter from my store got pinched by a Pierce County detective when he tried to sell her a Lego set on OfferUp. I had filed a police report about the heist, and picked the crack-head out of a photo-lineup; the shoplifter was well known to the cop, and she followed his OfferUp account until the item showed up. Since he was selling stolen goods, the beef ramped up to a felony, and it was lights out for Mr. Eightball.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Man Selling Fake Watches On Offer Up arrested

Post by conjurer » November 24th 2019, 10:53pm

tiktok wrote:
November 24th 2019, 9:15pm
What a great name for a novel I could easily write: Mr Eightball.
Feel free, Mr. Ticker. Just remember me in the acknowledgements.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@

Return to “General Watch talk”