Taking flight with the Breguet Type XX, XXI and XXII

All things Swiss
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Taking flight with the Breguet Type XX, XXI and XXII

Post by koimaster » November 7th 2019, 10:48am

Initially created for the French Ministry of Defence for the French Air Force, the Breguet Type XX, XXI and XXII are timekeeping devices steeped in the history of aviation-specific wristwatches.

First released in 1954, the Type XX was the first aviation watch ever created by the storied Swiss watchmaker, who specifically produced the timepiece at the behest of the aforementioned French Ministry of Defence, who had originally approached Breguet to commission 500 examples of a flight-ready wristwatch with a flyback chronograph complication.

The rest, as the old adage goes, is history, and now Breguet makes a great many iterations of the fabled aeronautical watch, and we thought we’d take a look at three of our favourite models.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/taking-f ... -and-xxii/

Or a possible alternative -

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Taking flight with the Breguet Type XX, XXI and XXII

Post by Thunder1 » November 7th 2019, 11:36am

The 3800 & 3817ST have been on my short list for awhile, now..I have heard horror stories about servicing costs, though..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Taking flight with the Breguet Type XX, XXI and XXII

Post by tiktok » November 7th 2019, 11:26pm

Of course Mr. Thunder likes what I covet. Breguet is one of the few boutiques that offered a discount out of the gate. What's funny is I can walk to 47th St and get the same watch with box and papers for 25% off.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.

Return to “Swiss Watches”