I Propose...

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: I Propose...

Post by conjurer » November 24th 2019, 9:18am

smellody wrote:
November 24th 2019, 8:52am
Eyewhilhalfmineoldedadwidthmi
This is fine news. Pop Smells, whom I nominate as an honorary WL, is one of the coolest guys in the PacNW.

Does anybody know if Jaw will be there?
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » November 27th 2019, 3:52pm

conjurer wrote:
November 24th 2019, 9:18am
smellody wrote:
November 24th 2019, 8:52am
Eyewhilhalfmineoldedadwidthmi
This is fine news. Pop Smells, whom I nominate as an honorary WL, is one of the coolest guys in the PacNW.

Does anybody know if Jaw will be there?
I will text him although he does lurk on the forum and has access to the joint.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » December 3rd 2019, 5:40pm

conjurer wrote:
December 2nd 2019, 9:04am
So, who all is in? Coming up this Friday!
I'll be there. To Watchlords everywhere, you are on 72 hour notice. Hop a plane, train, or automobile and make your way to scenic Longview Washington. The Chinese Garden (pictured below) will once again become the epicenter of Watchlordia. All things horological and otherwise will be discussed. Too much food will be served. So what is the appointed hour? I'm easy but I'm only driving 15 minutes or so. What works for you out of towners?

See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » December 3rd 2019, 6:39pm

bobbee wrote:
December 2nd 2019, 2:34pm
So jealous, would love to meet you all.
That's how I feel. But hey, this would be closer...how about you meet with me next time I'm in Shenzhen?

Just a hop and skip...
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 3rd 2019, 7:38pm

Damn it. My original plan was get there... but I was courted to a new company and can’t break away.

I proclaim here and now my commitment to come up to the pacific northeast (or, “north”, from here) at the “next” official Lords get together. Next quarter? Spring/Summer? You people can work it out while you’re there ogling tasteful watches.

Have fun, damn it. I would normally have a {Bombay Sapphire} Gin & Tonic... so, someone - cover me and drink one! Conjurer? Koi? Dr. Smells? Somebody have a G&T on my behalf, for craps sakes!
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » December 3rd 2019, 10:12pm

i will do my best but we have a multi location network upgrade starting tomorrow which had been previously scheduled for next week.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » December 4th 2019, 5:44am

I’ll take care of Nuvo’s Bombay Sapphire and tonic remotely.

There will be a minor delay in posting a pic unless I can cipher how to do it from a phone.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
bobbee (Online)
Master of Time

Post by bobbee » December 4th 2019, 7:29am

AlbertaTime wrote:
December 3rd 2019, 6:39pm
bobbee wrote:
December 2nd 2019, 2:34pm
So jealous, would love to meet you all.
That's how I feel. But hey, this would be closer...how about you meet with me next time I'm in Shenzhen?

Just a hop and skip...

:Thumbsup:

I'll start saving!
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » December 4th 2019, 9:37am

conjurer wrote:
December 3rd 2019, 11:01pm
I'll be there at 4:30PM, or thereabouts, depending on traffic through the City of Destiny.
I'll see you there at 4:30 John. We can hang out in the Karaoke lounge until others arrive. No more Peaches and Herb duets though.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » December 6th 2019, 3:42am

Insofar as it's 17:37 on the 6th here I made sure to have a Bombay Sapphire for Nuvo. In fact, I had several.

But Imgur is giving me heartburn and being a GODAM Luddite my attempt to post it on Facebook landed it on my Thai niece's timeline. I may give it another shot but I've had enough shots as it is.

Have several more in memory of your humble Thai correspondent.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 6th 2019, 2:10pm

Chinese Garden, 1071 15th Ave, Longview, WA 98632. 4:30PM, or thereabouts. I'm keeping an eye on Google Maps, and will be leaving shortly.

**(@
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 6th 2019, 11:50pm

boscoe wrote:
December 6th 2019, 2:57pm
Just FedEx me the meth.
Good to see you back, Mr. boscoe!

Unfortunately, this GTG rather fizzled. It was just me and Mark, as others had important things to do, which is all right; bad timing, I suppose, this close to Christmas.

However, it was a fine dinner, and me and Mark chowed down on formidable amounts of Chinese food. The service was fine, as usual, and the food delicious. And having dinner with a WIS like Mark is no small thing--we talked of many important subjects, and I, for one, had a wonderful time. For me, a night to remember. While the drive down was somewhat slow--the I-5 "improvements" in Tacoma are taking longer than it took to build the transcontinental railroad--the ride back was fine, with chilly but surprisingly dry weather. Also, Mark loaned me a CD by a guy named Robert Charels, Three Leg Dogs & Old Skool Cats, which I plugged into the dash of the old Elantra GT and found fabulous. I don't listen to a ton of the Blues, but this was fine, and made the dark drive home far more enjoyable.

Anyway, let's look forward to another GTG, perhaps in the spring or summer.

**(@
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 7th 2019, 12:30am

Hawk wrote:
December 6th 2019, 3:42am
Insofar as it's 17:37 on the 6th here I made sure to have a Bombay Sapphire for Nuvo. In fact, I had several.

But Imgur is giving me heartburn and being a GODAM Luddite my attempt to post it on Facebook landed it on my Thai niece's timeline. I may give it another shot but I've had enough shots as it is.

Have several more in memory of your humble Thai correspondent.
Well done, Sir! :bvbvbv:
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 7th 2019, 12:32am

conjurer wrote:
December 6th 2019, 11:50pm
boscoe wrote:
December 6th 2019, 2:57pm
Just FedEx me the meth.
Good to see you back, Mr. boscoe!

Unfortunately, this GTG rather fizzled. It was just me and Mark, as others had important things to do, which is all right; bad timing, I suppose, this close to Christmas.

However, it was a fine dinner, and me and Mark chowed down on formidable amounts of Chinese food. The service was fine, as usual, and the food delicious. And having dinner with a WIS like Mark is no small thing--we talked of many important subjects, and I, for one, had a wonderful time. For me, a night to remember. While the drive down was somewhat slow--the I-5 "improvements" in Tacoma are taking longer than it took to build the transcontinental railroad--the ride back was fine, with chilly but surprisingly dry weather. Also, Mark loaned me a CD by a guy named Robert Charels, Three Leg Dogs & Old Skool Cats, which I plugged into the dash of the old Elantra GT and found fabulous. I don't listen to a ton of the Blues, but this was fine, and made the dark drive home far more enjoyable.

Anyway, let's look forward to another GTG, perhaps in the spring or summer.
That kinda sucks, except for the great dinner - and the write up, of course. Yeah, it’s hard to pin anyone down this time of year... Spring/Summer ought to enable the Watch Lord masses to show. A shit load of people, like 7 to 12 Lords.

Return to “General Watch talk”