Decommission Time

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Decommission Time

Post by Nuvolari » September 26th 2019, 9:37pm

Or, ”An Ugly Horse Is Set Free In The Glue Factory Parking Lot”

One of the things I enjoy about watch collecting is a certain degree of sentimentality that goes along with acquiring - or accumulates as you own and wear - a given watch, whether a whim or a grail

Or, in the case of most Watch Lords, many watches of both the whim and grail variety.

Maybe one is an heirloom, another a gift, another still perhaps from a weekend bender and one-click Amazon settings...?

Nearly all watches create a story to tell - even, for example, this perfectly decent warch that I have recently elected to decommission.

It was originally scavenged out of an EBay lot I had bought, and had a gawwdawfully-horrible, hooded-lug die-cast tin-metal case.

However, a buddy who lives about an hour away that I knew from PMWF gave me a surplus case he had...

So, I took the movement out of the die cast garbage case and put it into an all stainless steel garbage case.

I have worn it a few times over the last 12 years, usually when wrenching on something with wheels (but that was before I had a few G-Shock in the rotation).

However, I have always had a seething disdain for a fake rotating bezel. I mean, the bezel is real... but the rotating part is fantasy as the bezel does not move.

Plus, the hands are short. And while that itself is forgive-able, when combined with the still-terrible recase case I have looked at this watch and decided to free up a spot in the B-grade watch box by disassembling everything and taking this cheap quartz crapper out of circulation, permanently.

It was the right thing to do.

:cheers:
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Decommission Time

Post by TemerityB » September 27th 2019, 7:09pm

Tremendous. Well done, sir. :trophy:
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “General Watch talk”