Bulova devil diver

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bulova devil diver

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 22nd 2019, 5:29pm

Another boring Miyota 821 for almost 800 bucks MSRP...

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 24th 2019, 2:23pm

TemerityB wrote:
September 23rd 2019, 4:41pm
Bulova's dead to me.
Every now and then, it doesn't seem dead, like when they released the Lunar Pilot aka "Bulova Moonwatch." Still, that's a bit like with Elvis, we all know the King is dead, and yet every now and then there's something that all those into wishful thinking take for a "sign" of that not being the case.

I recently had a good look at a Bulova Curv chrono. If not for the fact that the thing wasn't pretty, it didn't seem badly made. And that, regrettably, is the problem with most Bulovas of today - they're not badly made, they're just so fucking ghastly that it hurts just to look at them.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 24th 2019, 9:15pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
September 24th 2019, 2:23pm
TemerityB wrote:
Bulova's dead to me.
Every now and then, it doesn't seem dead, like when they released the Lunar Pilot aka "Bulova Moonwatch." Still, that's a bit like with Elvis, we all know the King is dead, and yet every now and then there's something that all those into wishful thinking take for a "sign" of that not being the case.

I recently had a good look at a Bulova Curv chrono. If not for the fact that the thing wasn't pretty, it didn't seem badly made. And that, regrettably, is the problem with most Bulovas of today - they're not badly made, they're just so fucking ghastly that it hurts just to look at them.
They've also subbed China for Switzerland and thought nobody would notice.

While not lowering prices.
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » September 24th 2019, 9:20pm

TemerityB wrote:
September 24th 2019, 9:15pm
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
September 24th 2019, 2:23pm
TemerityB wrote:
Bulova's dead to me.

They've also subbed China for Switzerland and thought nobody would notice.

While not lowering prices.
As if there is a mid-tier watch maker that hasn't done that.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » September 27th 2019, 11:34am

TemerityB wrote:
Bulova's dead to me.
Im with (not so) stupid!

Ive said it here before. If it says Bulova on the dial and not Accutron, Im out. I like Citizen over Seiko but they screwed the pooch with Bulova since they took over.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 27th 2019, 6:59pm

MAX wrote:
September 27th 2019, 11:34am
TemerityB wrote:
Bulova's dead to me.
Im with (not so) stupid!

Ive said it here before. If it says Bulova on the dial and not Accutron, Im out. I like Citizen over Seiko but they screwed the pooch with Bulova since they took over.
In a world with Seiko, Hamilton, Oris, on and on ... I'm with you.
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71
Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » October 10th 2019, 5:46am

Well, as I noted above, I got a discount code from eBay so I went ahead and ordered one.
It wears smaller than it's size due to the case design, the 5 link across bracelet is very nice. The clasp however is fairly "cheap" feeling, but is standard Bulova issue. I really like the "cups" filled with lume for the hour markers, and the red and black look great. Overall, worth $350, but at MSRP of $795, probably not.

Randy in Nashville
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » October 10th 2019, 6:18am

It is purdy.
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » October 10th 2019, 9:43am

The older Acutrons were very nice. I owned about 15 when I was trading and playing forums
Made a ton reselling them after polishing the cases. Most were easily scratched when band was changed. I sold them all easily but would like another. Had a Acutron Spaceview. Back in 1975 and gave it to my daughter a few years ago. Wore it daily for over 30 years.

Return to “General Watch talk”