URWERK UR-100 SpaceTime

Luxury and Independent Watch brands
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

URWERK UR-100 SpaceTime

Post by koimaster » September 13th 2019, 3:49pm

I was reading Gary’s piece in Quill & Pad as I was writing this post about URWERK’s latest release. He mentions, amongst other things, the topic of patronage of independent brands for him as a collector, as well as their broader importance. Supporting a brand like URWERK and other small watchmakers and brands is akin to the traditional idea of ‘art patronage’ in many ways, which means that the people behind them, the people with their names on the dials, have an added importance. But supporting them as a customer is not just believing in the people, but also an investment in some cases, in R&D work that is unlikely to happen in a big brand. It would be a much poorer watch world without such brand pushing technical and design boundaries.

For Felix Baumgartner, as is the case for many watchmakers who have a family history that touches clockmaking or watchmaking and/ or who have worked in restoration, the timepieces of the past can and do, inform the way that they approach their own watchmaking. Sometimes this is self evident and sometimes, less so.

The new UR-100 is quintessentially URWERK, but its origins like in a Gustav Sandoz pendulum regulator clock that was given to Felix by his father Geri Baumgartner, and about which you can read in this piece by Ian Skellern. The clock, Sandoz clock, exhibited at the 1892 Paris and 1893 Chicago fairs and a (gold and bronze respectively) medalist at both, measures not time but the distance of the Earth’s rotation at the equator.

https://horologium.com.au/2019/09/13/ne ... spacetime/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: URWERK UR-100 SpaceTime

Post by conjurer » September 13th 2019, 4:04pm

I don't know who the mook was who wrote this shit, but he's rolling more logs than Weyerhaeuser. He cites at least two other crap blogs before my eyes rolled up in my head and I slumped over into coma.

The wartche is shit, too.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: URWERK UR-100 SpaceTime

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 13th 2019, 4:21pm

About as appealing as a dogshit.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “Luxury & Independent Watchmakers”