MaAfee

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Post Reply
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 30130
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

MaAfee

Post by conjurer » September 12th 2019, 10:02am

Hey, guys, need some advice:

I had McAfee on an older laptop, and kept it with my newer one (an HP running Windows 10.) McAfee wants to renew my anti-virus shit, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Thoughts? (And keep it simple, because I'm stupid.)
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9604
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by Hawk » September 12th 2019, 10:34am

The stuff built in to Windows 10 should prove sufficient unless you've got a teenage lad using your computer and don't want your home page redirected to Hitomi Tanaka porn (worse things could happen).

I've stopped paying for anti-malware stuff. If I did it would probably be Kaspersky because in Soviet Russia we pay thugs to act as bodyguards.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 2753
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by JAS1125 » September 12th 2019, 10:54am

Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:34am
The stuff built in to Windows 10 should prove sufficient unless you've got a teenage lad using your computer and don't want your home page redirected to Hitomi Tanaka porn (worse things could happen).
Remember this is Conj who is asking :mrgreen:
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 15887
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by TemerityB » September 12th 2019, 1:12pm

I like Avast. Sure, they'll try to see you add-ons, but its free virus protection that's worked for me thus far.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9604
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by Hawk » September 12th 2019, 1:51pm

JAS1125 wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:54am
Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:34am
The stuff built in to Windows 10 should prove sufficient unless you've got a teenage lad using your computer and don't want your home page redirected to Hitomi Tanaka porn (worse things could happen).
Remember this is Conj who is asking :mrgreen:
I did remember. Google Hitomi Tanaka and tell me he wouldn't be ok with it.

:Thumbsup:
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 30130
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by conjurer » September 12th 2019, 1:55pm

Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 1:51pm
JAS1125 wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:54am
Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:34am
The stuff built in to Windows 10 should prove sufficient unless you've got a teenage lad using your computer and don't want your home page redirected to Hitomi Tanaka porn (worse things could happen).
Remember this is Conj who is asking :mrgreen:
I did remember. Google Hitomi Tanaka and tell me he wouldn't be ok with it.

:Thumbsup:
She's got nice tits.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 9604
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: MaAfee

Post by Hawk » September 12th 2019, 3:17pm

conjurer wrote:
September 12th 2019, 1:55pm
Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 1:51pm
JAS1125 wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:54am
Hawk wrote:
September 12th 2019, 10:34am
The stuff built in to Windows 10 should prove sufficient unless you've got a teenage lad using your computer and don't want your home page redirected to Hitomi Tanaka porn (worse things could happen).
Remember this is Conj who is asking :mrgreen:
I did remember. Google Hitomi Tanaka and tell me he wouldn't be ok with it.

:Thumbsup:
She's got nice tits.
Definitely in the 1%. If she were to allow some equitable redistribution she could enrich another half dozen porn starts and still have too much left over.

N.B. NOT a political observation.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
Post Reply

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest