MING 17.06 watch

koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

MING 17.06 watch

Post by koimaster » September 6th 2019, 8:46am

In 2017 a group of six watch collectors banded together to start a brand called ‘MING’, named after Ming Thein, a well known watch collector and photographer, particularly in online watch fora. Perhaps an easy way to summarise this brand would be that they are by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, as it were.

With an incredibly competitive price of $900 the first model, called the Ming 17.01, came in a dial of either blue or anthracite, and the three hundred launch pieces (150 of each variant) sold out immediately (within minutes, even) as each batch was released.

Since then, there has been the 17.03 with a GMT function, 19.01 (a sapphire crystal riff on the 17.01), the 19.02 World Timer, and even a first year anniversary piece, all using Manufacture Schwarz Etienne as their movement manufacturer.

Now, there is a new model, the 17.06, in two variants – the all black ‘Monolith’ and what for me is the most attractive MING piece to date, one with a copper dial. There is also what is a first for the brand – a serially produced stainless steel case.

https://horologium.com.au/2019/09/05/new-ming-17-06/

https://ming.watch/

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Official website

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: MING 17.06 watch

Post by 3Flushes » September 6th 2019, 5:13pm

I have to say that the only thing I hate about the copper number is the price.*

*We just had a little tornado here and I may have knocked my eyes out of focus a little bit when I hit my head on the faucet diving into the bathtub. I will look again tomorrow.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
bobbee
Master of Time

Post by bobbee » September 7th 2019, 7:39am

3Flushes wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:13pm

*We just had a little tornado here and I may have knocked my eyes out of focus a little bit when I hit my head on the faucet diving into the bathtub. I will look again tomorrow.
I slipped in the bathroom yesterday and hit the sink with a plastic kettle I wanted to fill. The sink was shattered, and I had to throw my arms wide to avoid slashing them on the edges. Bashed my elbow but I didn't cry.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 7th 2019, 2:42pm

3Flushes wrote:
September 6th 2019, 5:13pm

Jeebus, Flushes! Y'all ok?!
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB

Return to “General Watch talk”