Watch Engraving

276ccm
Facebook ID: 0

Watch Engraving

Post by 276ccm » September 3rd 2019, 9:55pm

Hi all! I have been doing a lot of metal engraving practice lately.. and getting more and more interested to do watches.

My wife had a crappy watch I could try, but figured out it was not stainless.. so the cuts looks quite rough as the surface breaks..

The watch is a little less than 7 mm “high” and motif a little less than 5 mm.

Having a new engraver coming my way, which is for a little more detail work..

I’m looking into buying some stainless steel cases, just for the practice. Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobbee (Online)
Master of Time

Re: Watch Engraving

Post by bobbee » September 4th 2019, 2:43am

Wow.
Another Wow so you know I mean it.
Will be checking my watches for one to send you!
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 4th 2019, 3:23am

That's some real talent you've got!

Wouldn't engrave the case of any of my watches with any pattern, but that's because a)I prefer to keep them all-original and b)I have nothing in the budget for that anyway.

For whatever reason, I think these engravings would look great...on guns. You know, like on the breech of a side-by-side shotgun, or some percussion revolver (say, a Colt 1851 Navy).
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
276ccm

Post by 276ccm » September 4th 2019, 4:22am

Thanks a lot for the feedback and replies :-) Really appreciate it!

I totally understand it’s not for all, both budget wise, and style.. it would be boring if we all enjoyed the same, but still cool to admire a handcraft!

Anyway, I’ll update my progress, after getting a few stainless steel watch houses I’m going to use as practice plates. I have a new hand engraving tool on the way, which will be super for fine details. Not cheap, but worth the money for me..

Thanks again for all feedback! :-)

Return to “General Watch talk”