A Tough Week For WL Pets

Related to your pets. Does not include girlfriends/boy friends
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A Tough Week For WL Pets

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 10th 2019, 1:13pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Do, however, look for second opinions. There is a difference between "it's not doable" and "I can't do it," which might be the difference between "inoperable" and "I can't remove it."
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » September 10th 2019, 8:19pm

Ach. I am sorry to hear that. From our own experience with one of our dogs, I would recommend not to operate. Of course dogs are not cats. But our Reba never quite came on her feet again anyways after removal of her spleen, and we had to have her put down after another 8 rather miserable months.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 10th 2019, 9:04pm

Hate to hear that, John. As late Ng as he is comfortable, it is still good time. There are vets that specialize in palliative/hospice care. If you have one locally, would highly recommend consulting with him/her. They can make the most of his time by increasing his life quality.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Britboy » September 11th 2019, 6:46am

It's always with trepidation and heartache when you have to take a family pet to the vet
I hope that they say good things

No matter what happens you were both very kindhearted to take "the family" into your house and care for them, it sounds as though they are all very happy

I have a lump in my throat and wish you all the best
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » Yesterday, 10:41am

John,

How is Mr. O'Brian doing? I wanted to follow up and see if he is still annoying you as cats are wont to do.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » Yesterday, 11:07am

Thanks for the kind thoughts, guys.

OB (as we call him for short) is still here--he jumped up on the bed this morning and woke me up for some head-scratches and sew Fourth. The vet's got him on steroids for the cancer, or something--I can't figure it out myself. We also have some kitty opium, which we give him when he's in obvious pain. Thankfully, we don't have to give him much of that, since the Irish have the weakness, and the last thing I need is a strung out cat.

So far, he seems to be (mostly) pain free; he still has his back leg wrapped, where the tumor is, but he's walking around fine, purring a lot, eating everything in sight, and using his box. He's, as always, almost absurdly affectionate for a cat. We plan on keeping on with this care while OB's life is worth living, and when that changes, well, we'll take care of that then.

The other night OB jumped up on my lap and fell asleep, and it was then that it hit me, that he wasn't going to be around for long, and I became totally unmanned, and started crying like a schoolgirl. All this accomplished was to aggravate OB, who jumped down and stamped off, pissed off. So, I'll try to continue to be strong.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » Yesterday, 11:27am

conjurer wrote:
Yesterday, 11:07am
So, I'll try to continue to be strong.
The way I see it, indeed that's the best thing you can do. Especially that it looks like OB thinks so as well.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “Pet World”