Vintage Revue

Have a love for a bygone era? Discuss you vintage loves here!
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Vintage Revue

Post by svaglic » May 31st 2019, 4:39pm

My first Revue, 42mm lugless. Not a bad fit on my 6 3/4” wrist.
Either hazing or dust under the crystal, I think hazing.

I’ve had a thing for a normal sized lugless watch the last few years. Halios said he was going to make a smaller one and people said it would be a 44mm, he made it 48 again and just made it a mm thinner. A huge let down to a lot of people, but I went on a search for a small one.
I have a Kickstarter MMW lugless coming in, but I will probably trade it or donate it to auction since it is a 45mm and I see it will probably look stoooopid on me.
I saw this Revue lugless a year or so back and was always a little late getting one when it came up for sale, I got this one though. One came up in Dec, but the dial was off in the sum ting Wong department, so I had to let it pass. When I saw this, it was for a super high price so we haggled for a bit and I got it for less than half of his asking price. I’m impressed with the quality of this, for a vintage, it is very solid.

The truth doesn't hurt unless it ought to.
B. C. Forbes
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Vintage Revue

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 31st 2019, 5:37pm

That's a lovely piece. I wonder if the dial wasn't relumed at some point - if so, then it must have been long ago. Still, it's as 1970s as it gets. Cool find.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 31st 2019, 7:49pm

Honestly .... that is just great even with the hazing - nothing wrong with a little character.

You always find cool, unique stuff.
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 1st 2019, 6:55am

You have a level of patience in your watch pursuits that is to be envied. Your tastes in vintage pieces is top notch, as is this unique find.

Damn, but that is a great watch!
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB

Return to “Vintage Watches”