Henry London Knightsbridge Review

Watches with British & Commonwealth roots
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Henry London Knightsbridge Review

Post by Racer-X » January 10th 2019, 3:26am

"Henry London makes affordable, British watches. For fashion on a budget, they’re quite nice, and wear well. The one I’m going to show you here has become one of my favorites.

I’ve been wearing the Knightsbridge, a blue-dialed beauty with cream colored sub-dials at 9 and 3, with applied indices for a subdial at 6. There’s also a date window at 6 which intrudes on the bottom subdial just a bit. It’s a light, comfortable quartz wear, and the back can be engraved if you so desire. The subdials are a 60 second stopwatch, a 30 minute timer, and the third dial just indicates the hour in 24h format. The indices are applied, and the number at 12 is as well."

https://wristwatchreview.com/2019/01/09/the-henry-london-is-fantastic-for-the-vintage-anglophile/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Henry London Knightsbridge Review

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 10th 2019, 6:22pm

I don't like the seconds subdial, the location of the date window, the 24h indicator... In fact, I don't like this one at all.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Henry London Knightsbridge Review

Post by foghorn » January 12th 2019, 12:08pm

Well....I just manhandled one at TJ Maxx so I can now pass final judgement.
First-the "Henry Londons" were not displayed in the normal watch case. Thet were on a table,free-range style, with all the other shit jewelry that TJ's would just as well have someone walk out with rather than having to tie up an employee ringing in this piece of fecal matter and then wasting a bag.
The OEM strap was made of a quality ot leather that would be substandard even for a $9.99 penis whip at Herbs Sex Emporium on LaGrange St. in Boston.
The chrono movement is one of those diddlyfuck ones with the sub-seconds acting as the chrono hand while the central seconds hand is the continuous time keeper. At least there isn't a tachymeter scale.
The crown and pushers look to be sourced from a failed Happy Meal prize.
They do have some heft to them, but the overall appearence would make the old lady picking her nose behind the jewelry counter at K-Mart wince.
On a positive note they were appropriately price at 44.95,full fucking kit.

Return to “Hail Britannia”