My Prize for Being Someone's Dad

artman
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

My Prize for Being Someone's Dad

Post by artman » June 3rd 2018, 4:09pm

For the past 2 years, every time that I strolled through the watch section at the local DFS, I tried this watch on for size. For the past 2 years I've tried it on and found reasons not to buy it. Reason #1: It's a frickn quartz. Reason #2: It's got a frickn rubber strap. Reason #3: It's a frickn Tag. So, I did this dance for 2 years with the person behind the counter and my inside voice ... until this past weekend. On Saturday, I was strolling through the watch mecca of Guam and just my luck, there was an unadvertised sale on Tag! It's wasn't just the ordinary 3% off for locals, it was the legendary 20% off sale that rarely comes around these parts. So, all those reasons I listed above went out the door and I told my inside voice to shut the hell up. So without further a-doo-doo, I present the TAG Heuer (WAZ1110.FT8023) Formula 1, in all it's battery operated, rubberized glory!
Quick facts: 41mm, 200m water resistance, sapphire crystal, unidirectional titanium bezel, screw down crown and caseback.
Happy Early Father's Day to all the dads out there!
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: My Prize for Being Someone's Dad

Post by TemerityB » June 4th 2018, 4:52am

artman wrote:Thanks for the kind words gents! Methinks this will be worn a lot. I'd like to buy the steel bracelet eventually, but I haven't been able to find a source on the inter-webs yet. If anyone has any tips on where I can find the OEM bracelet, please let me know.

I have an older Formula 1 on rubber, and let me tell you - genuine replacement Tag bracelets and/or straps are such incredible gouges it's not even funny (for instance, to replace the rubber strap on your watch would probably be upwards of 300 smackers). But if you wanted to go aftermarket, I can't imagine it wouldn't relatively easy to find something.
Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: My Prize for Being Someone's Dad

Post by MAX » June 4th 2018, 4:57am

Formula 1, Tag. Whats not to like? YOLO
"If You Think This Has A Happy Ending, You Haven't Been Paying Attention."

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Your New Watch”