Decorated HE Quartz

koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: Decorated HE Quartz

Post by koimaster » January 4th 2013, 8:30am

Just what we need, decorated battery powered movements. I can see Invicta jumping all over this. It is a quartz movement, who gives a damn what it looks like?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 8:45am

koimaster wrote:Just what we need, decorated battery powered movements. I can see Invicta jumping all over this. It is a quartz movement, who gives a damn what it looks like?

Breitling does.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Post by elau » January 4th 2013, 10:36am

Jesus H Christ, there are enough engravings on the case I done forgot what I was supposed to be looking at.

And to the OP, I find looking at a quartz movement is just about as exciting as looking at a dog taking a dump. No matter which brand.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 11:18am

elau wrote:Jesus H Christ, there are enough engravings on the case I done forgot what I was supposed to be looking at.

And to the OP, I find looking at a quartz movement is just about as exciting as looking at a dog taking a dump. No matter which brand.

meaning.....You get excited looking at auto movements.....not suprised.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Post by elau » January 4th 2013, 11:33am

WASP wrote:
elau wrote:Jesus H Christ, there are enough engravings on the case I done forgot what I was supposed to be looking at.

Matt of fact, YES. Only Watch Geeks get excited looking at quartz movement because they know no better.

Here is a link for you to learn. Thank me later.

http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » January 4th 2013, 11:37am

WASP wrote:

I agree, you shouldn't be suprised. No one should. If anything, they should be surprised. The relative lack of motion in the operation of a quartz movement is quite tedious to watch. Rather like watching an empty room, boring regardless of how beautifully it is wallpapered. The stately and measured ballet of synchronized motions in a mechanical movement, however, are endlessly entertaining if not mesmerizing - the raison d'etre for exhibition casebacks. Nicely executed decoration simply enhances the visual experience rather than comprising the visual experience.
"And in the space of one hour is Babylon the Great thrown down. Not a stone remains standing upon stone - the smoke of her burning does blot out the sun and the reek thereof lies as a deadly pestilence upon the land. Alas Babylon...."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 4th 2013, 11:42am

Falstaff wrote:
WASP wrote:

I agree, you shouldn't be suprised. No one should. If anything, they should be surprised. The relative lack of motion in the operation of a quartz movement is quite tedious to watch. Rather like watching an empty room, boring regardless of how beautifully it is wallpapered. The stately and measured ballet of synchronized motions in a mechanical movement, however, are endlessly entertaining if not mesmerizing - the raison d'etre for exhibition casebacks. Nicely executed decoration simply enhances the visual experience rather than comprising the visual experience.

Yup.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 4th 2013, 11:51am

As someone who only has a passing interest in Breitling, I ask this in all sincerity: Doesn't most of their entire product line have exhibition casebacks, regardless of movements? Or have I seen too few of them? I have no gripe with Breitling at all, but the brand overall doesn't float my boat for personal reasons (out of my price range and too "Popeye") but there's no doubting their quality, and I understand why people covet them. Breitling is huge at my favorite watch store in Long Island, and I just stand there and watch with a combination of true admiration and seething jealousy as people drop so much scratch on them every time I go there.
Last edited by Anonymous on January 4th 2013, 11:58am, edited 2 times in total.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 11:54am

elau wrote:
WASP wrote:

Matt of fact, YES. Only Watch Geeks get excited looking at quartz movement because they know no better.

[url=http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/
[url=http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/[/quote[/url]]]http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/[/quote[/url]][/url]

that explains alot. I like high end quartz just dont get woodies. keep the g-10 and the like.

Cheers
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 11:57am

conjurer wrote:
Falstaff wrote:
WASP wrote:

Yup.

you mean to tell me you watch the movement for..oh I dont know... 5 minutes or more. oh boy
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 12:01pm

[quote="elau"]
WASP wrote:

[url=http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/[/wysi_quote]http://www.fratellowatches.com/movement-decoration-explained/[/quote[/url]]

cute 101. adds cost to auto as well az a quartz right.

Cheers
Last edited by Anonymous on January 4th 2013, 12:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » January 4th 2013, 12:03pm

TemerityB wrote:As someone who only has a passing interest in Breitling, I ask this in all sincerity: Doesn't most of their entire product line have exhibition casebacks, regardless of movements? Or have I seen too few of them? I have no gripe with Breitling at all, but the brand overall doesn't float my boat for personal reasons (out of my price range and too "Popeye") but there's no doubting their quality, and I understand why people covet them. Breitling is huge at my favorite watch store in Long Island, and I just stand there and watch with a combination of true admiration and seething jealousy as people drop so much scratch on them every time I go there.

From what I've seen, most Breitlings have a machined caseback.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » January 4th 2013, 12:09pm

BigCheez wrote:
TemerityB wrote:As someone who only has a passing interest in Breitling, I ask this in all sincerity: Doesn't most of their entire product line have exhibition casebacks, regardless of movements? Or have I seen too few of them? I have no gripe with Breitling at all, but the brand overall doesn't float my boat for personal reasons (out of my price range and too "Popeye") but there's no doubting their quality, and I understand why people covet them. Breitling is huge at my favorite watch store in Long Island, and I just stand there and watch with a combination of true admiration and seething jealousy as people drop so much scratch on them every time I go there.

From what I've seen, most Breitlings have a machined caseback.

Yep...a few have saphbacks

Return to “General Watch talk”