Banned again

tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Banned again

Post by tomsimac » April 14th 2012, 7:32am

I again have been banned again

After some thought, who cares. it was a mistake to think anyone would find the story amusing.

Last edited by Anonymous on April 14th 2012, 8:44am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: ahhh, forget about it
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Banned again

Post by foghorn » April 14th 2012, 7:56am

WatchDorks.Net wrote:Why WG even has a "no replicas allowed" policy to begin with is laughable.

People there are constantly posting about Marina Militares... not to mention that 75% of all Invictas and Stuhrling Originals are replicas... the only brand on the Shop even remotely original in any way is Android.

P.S. You *DO* realize that by posting specifics about your temporary ban here, you may have just made it permanent, right?

Umm.....he's referring to WUS, not WG.

One track mind? Image
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » April 14th 2012, 8:01am

foghorn wrote:

Umm.....he's referring to WUS, not WG.

One track mind? Image

Oops... missed that. Everytime someone comes here wailing about being banned, it's always about WG, so I just assumed without reading further.

Carry on...
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 14th 2012, 8:26am

Not wailing, rejoicing actually that a forum exists like this.
Was a general comment ( on daily posts, not in the forum per se) on why a HQ watch is not cheap to maintain. If you want to “look good” on the cheap buy a replica/invicta and toss it or sell it on the forum when it needs work and say no papers, no records but runs fine.
Like they do anyway. I inflamed the mod not the poster/poster. Who I think was slowpoh anyway.
mosc
Senior Member & WIS

Post by mosc » April 14th 2012, 8:47am

Based on their rules, I'm not surprised they banned you. Nevertheless, what you say does make a certain amount of sense. I've been reading a lot on the replica watch forums. Some of the guys that are into replicas know more about watches than most of the people that buy the "real thing".

SO, Invicta, and others are look-alikes, or knock-offs, not replicas. I personally have never gotten a replica, but I do own a few knock-offs.

Your argument reminds me of an old Chrysler LeBaron Convertible ad on TV. The car and a Mercedes Benz 500 SL are show driving down the Pacific highway in California. Both cars look fantastic, and quite similar. They pull up to a scenic look-out. The Chrysler owner opens the trunk of his car which is full of money. The voice over says.

"The new Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. Think of it as a Mercedes Benz with $50,000 in the trunk."

Watch collecting is a disastrous trap and I'm stuck. At least I always know what time it is.
theKING

Post by theKING » April 14th 2012, 8:51am

the only brand on the Shop even remotely original in any way is Android.

I love the Androids I own and the customer service is second to none... but even Wing has had his share of copies.... Alien watch... bullet watch and some offset thing come to mind.

tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 14th 2012, 8:58am

I made mention that when I owned a Mercedes, it cost more on that car to change the oil than the Ford. 5 times more and an appointment. If a person, ( I did not go into the forum of that watch brand ) wants a HQ product but then decides it is far too expensive to service it then buy the chevy. Problem was not the logic, it was ONLY because I used the word “replica” in my comments as an explanation. And now the so called mod has piled on extra violations for not posting a price on an ad. I have no ads running. I am really pissing this guy off
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 16th 2012, 4:55am

Because you don’t know the weirdness I have experienced

Being banned for just writing the word replica. Not to buy one or in favor of it, just the word in a comment regarding watch maintenance. Now I have to explain this. Fuck. Replica, replica fuck.
Explains why email and message boards are a complete fucking waste of time to
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » April 16th 2012, 6:16am

I got suspended for recommending someone search for 'watchuseek' on Youtube (the mods don't like what comes up).

Its hilarious really :-)
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » April 16th 2012, 6:30am

I left Watch Talk Forums because the sanctimonious asshole John B. Holbrook II edited "Damn" out of the title of "Damn Yankees," a hit Broadway play and movie, because it offended his Christian sensibilities.
Of course, this fucking hypocrite had no compunctions insisting Catholics were not Christians and other crap. He makes Rick Santorum look like a Liberal.
Point is, forum mods and owners who have little going on in their real lives become All Powerful Beings on the internet to compensate.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”