Aquadive?

Rusty
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Aquadive?

Post by Rusty » November 18th 2011, 1:09pm

I noticed a new forum at WUS, Aquadive. I love the vintage look although they seem pricey for what you get.

Here is the link to the website:

http://www.aquadive.com/

Update: Uh oh! I couldn't help but notice the resemblance to Doxa and after a little digging, I see the Aquadive name has been resurrected by the Jenny family of Doxa (in)famy. No wonder they seem over-priced.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Aquadive?

Post by eddiea » November 18th 2011, 2:20pm

Aquadive...another overpriced Swiss Made watch, proudly made in China by the Jennys .

Post by Guest » November 18th 2011, 2:53pm

The Jenny family is making a killing selling overpriced Chinese shit. This people are in the same league as Lalo and his gang.

AQUADIVE Store price: $2990.00
Relaunch price*: $1990.00 (Free shipping)
*(offer valid until December 31st)

So you have to act quick!!! After December 31 the price is goin to go back at $2990.00 hehehe

Asking $2,000 for a watch that probably cost $200 maybe less to made is plain scam. Fuck you Jenny family, fuck you Doxa and fuck china

bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » November 18th 2011, 11:58pm

Yeah. The WUS mods are falling over themselves for Aquadive.

I like the look of the 300 but would not part with the asking price for one.

jason_recliner wrote:According to the website these areally are amde in Switzerland and / or Germany. I really like them , but not the price. Also not a fan of the extreme shilling going on around the forums.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » November 19th 2011, 3:51am

It seems Tom Robb didn't read is very little NOS DNA in the "NOS" model.

I'm getting a new signature....

Post by Guest » November 19th 2011, 9:46pm

The mods on WUS are getting all defensive heheh

subkrawler
Dive Watch & IWC Mod.
Re: Aquadive watches
Originally Posted by bedlam
Like Doxa the watches will comply with the 'made in swiss' rules (pardon the pun) but cost more than a boutique watch with the same components without the seconded history.

I get that the mission of the new Doxa and Aquadive ventures is to bring the old brands back for the watch enthusiasts of today...as with cars (Fiat 500, Mini, etc) retro brands are the cool thing. I'm just not clear on why they are being priced at such a premium. Especially, when I compare components and pricing of the new Aquadives to a watch like the Tempest Viking, for instance.

Borrowing someone elses history seems to be a neat way to charge for your boutique watch as though you have a history of your own. [quote]

Just saying.
This is off track, and when I see something that isn't true, I'm going to set it straight. Seems like you're insinuating Chinese manufacture, like other boutiques that you mention, but this isn't true.

Aquadives are Swiss/German made. The cases, crowns, crown tubes, bezels, movement holders, and case-backs are made in Germany. The crystals, dials, hands, spring-bars, and movements (ETA) are from Switzerland; and the Isofranes are made in Italy, with German made buckles. The entire watch is assembled, timed, and QC'd in Switzerland...which puts them in a completely different league when compared to other Asian sourced "boutique" watches.
Last edited by subkrawler; 1 Hour Ago at 06:35.

Have a nice day.

subkrawler
Dive Watch & IWC Mod.
Originally Posted by Baby Jesus
The Jenny family own Doxa and now Aquadive, does this mean that the cases of this brand aquadive are made in hong kong by the Walca factory like D**a???[quote]

The Jennys don't own Aquadive, S.U.M. (Synchron Uhren Manufaktur) owns Aquadive. Spend some time on Aquadive's website, and you'll see where the Aquadives are made....plus Doxas aren't made in HK, but I think you know that already.

Have a nice day.

Mark1

Post by Mark1 » November 20th 2011, 10:09am

[quote="Slowpo"]The mods on WUS are getting all defensive heheh

subkrawler
Dive Watch & IWC Mod.
Originally Posted by bedlam
Like Doxa the watches will comply with the 'made in swiss' rules (pardon the pun) but cost more than a boutique watch with the same components without the seconded history.

I get that the mission of the new Doxa and Aquadive ventures is to bring the old brands back for the watch enthusiasts of today...as with cars (Fiat 500, Mini, etc) retro brands are the cool thing. I'm just not clear on why they are being priced at such a premium. Especially, when I compare components and pricing of the new Aquadives to a watch like the Tempest Viking, for instance.

Borrowing someone elses history seems to be a neat way to charge for your boutique watch as though you have a history of your own. [quote]

Just saying.
This is off track, and when I see something that isn't true, I'm going to set it straight. Seems like you're insinuating Chinese manufacture, like other boutiques that you mention, but this isn't true.

Aquadives are Swiss/German made. The cases, crowns, crown tubes, bezels, movement holders, and case-backs are made in Germany. The crystals, dials, hands, spring-bars, and movements (ETA) are from Switzerland; and the Isofranes are made in Italy, with German made buckles. The entire watch is assembled, timed, and QC'd in Switzerland...which puts them in a completely different league when compared to other Asian sourced "boutique" watches.
Last edited by subkrawler; 1 Hour Ago at 06:35.

Have a nice day.

subkrawler
Dive Watch & IWC Mod.
Originally Posted by Baby Jesus
The Jenny family own Doxa and now Aquadive, does this mean that the cases of this brand aquadive are made in hong kong by the Walca factory like D**a???

The Jennys don't own Aquadive, S.U.M. (Synchron Uhren Manufaktur) owns Aquadive. Spend some time on Aquadive's website, and you'll see where the Aquadives are made....plus Doxas aren't made in HK, but I think you know that already.

Have a nice day.

Freudian slip maybe?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » November 20th 2011, 1:42pm

Well, it's either the translation from German or those folks are just bat shit crazy.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » November 20th 2011, 2:20pm

Mark1 wrote:Well, it's either the translation from German or those folks are just bat shit crazy.

Google translation, suck........

Post by Guest » November 20th 2011, 2:50pm

Originally Posted by HR F1
I noticed the parent company of Aquadive is Synchron, which also operates Doxa and Isofrane, right?

I really like the 300 as well! Might be a tad big for me, but looks well constructed.

Hi HR F1, For clarification purpose, please note that Synchron watch group is not a parent company of DOXA, Synchron watch Group USA acts as the importer of record and retail distributor for DOXA watches inc. and for several other Swiss brands.
Synchron Uhren Manufaktur is an Austria based watch manufacturer that is not affiliated with DOXA watches inc. or Synchron watch group USA.

In a letter to Synchron Uhren Manufaktur, DOXA requested Synchron to add a disclaimer with the above note to their site.

We apologize for the confusion
DOXA watches Inc.

All this reminds me of the little fiasco of Invicta and Emperious.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » November 23rd 2011, 1:18pm

Ok, I call BULLSHIT on this crap. Why did Rick Marei @ doxa watches apply for the Aquadive trademark in 2005? I will let people make their own call on this. I am going to upload a large pdf file from the trademark office.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
eddiea

Post by eddiea » November 23rd 2011, 1:37pm

koimaster wrote:Ok, I call BULLSHIT on this crap.

I never expected any less from them, just good'ole bullshit.... no disappointments here.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » November 23rd 2011, 3:33pm

As has been stated before, it reminds one of the relationship/non-relationship of Imperious to Invicta. At a higher price point-if you will. I can't read of the Jennys without thoughts of Forrest Gump.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”