The new Deep Blue

The new Deep Blue

Post by Guest » November 7th 2011, 4:17pm

[QUOTE=Deep Blue;2804374]Deep Blue Proudly Presents our Newest Model

"Master Explorer"

1000m Water resistant , Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement , Helium Release Valve , Stainless Steel Case, Sapphire Crystal ,enamel Burst Dial, Superluminova on dial and bezel
46mm width , 51mm height , 17mm thick , 22mm Lugs ,22/22 bracelet, Divers Wetsuit Extension, Push button Deploy With Safety clasp

Debut -Nov 16 2011 10pm EST

Watch Noob
Banned

Re: The new Deep Blue

Post by Watch Noob » November 7th 2011, 4:21pm

Nice looking Diver. I could do without the HRV or at least make it once of the flush type valves. Wonder what the price will be. $200ish and I may evaluate DB first hand. I'm sure it will be more like $400 though.

Post by Guest » November 7th 2011, 4:38pm

If the price is around $340ish I think I will get it..
I really like the black one with blue second hand Image
ocean
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by ocean » November 7th 2011, 5:24pm

I'm still on the fence with DB. I won't let myself go down that junk TV watch road. How's that saying go fool me once. Inshita and Slop have given me a real shit sammich and I won't bite into another sit sammich.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » November 7th 2011, 6:07pm

I'm going to pass. DB would have to come out with something really compelling for me to buy another. As I've stated before - I feel the sweet spot window of opportunity for great value at DB may be closed.

On this one, it looks like Stan is trying to perfect his bezel execution by expanding on the lume inlay idea from the Flat T100 (which I like). Glad he's using a large dot at 12. His tube watches use a tiny buried ineffectual tube at 12. Dial work looks nice too, but I prefer the wave pattern on the last DayNight diver.

Stan has tried a lot of different things with each new release. Now, I wish he would settle on the few good things that work as signature design features and integrate them into every future DB.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 7th 2011, 6:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » November 7th 2011, 6:40pm

***I'm gointo sound like a geek right now***

44mm and 46mm is not that big of a difference. If the watch was 50mm then would say forget it.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » November 7th 2011, 8:09pm

Slowpo wrote:***I'm gointo sound like a geek right now***

44mm and 46mm is not that big of a difference. If the watch was 50mm then would say forget it.

True, but speaking personally, I've yet to wear a 46mm that fits me correctly. I've had some 45's that fit fine, so that's my cutoff point.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » November 7th 2011, 11:47pm

Besides being too large for me, I'm not digging the blue seconds hand on the black dialed watch. Do like the bezel.

CG

"I’m picturing a guy in a helmet, trying to lick windows until the mailman stops by with a package. He takes the helmet off to admire his Invicta" - svaglic

JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » November 8th 2011, 5:11am

What a shame, what a total freakin shame.

Just days after the largest and best Invicta event of all time Stan wants to release, well who is going to have any money for his crappola when its all going to be spent on Invicta's 24 Hours of Crappola Marathon?
Watch Noob
Banned

Post by Watch Noob » November 8th 2011, 2:14pm

I went to DB's Facebook page. Other people are also asking how much or other various questions in general. Does anyone there even answer questions or is the page solely another promo type advertisement?

Post by Guest » November 8th 2011, 2:56pm

Watch Noob wrote:I went to DB's Facebook page. Other people are also asking how much or other various questions in general. Does anyone there even answer questions or is the page solely another promo type advertisement?

Before he created this new facebook page, someone answered often...but not always.

Post by Guest » November 9th 2011, 12:04am

599.00 is the MSRP. I believe shopnbc is goin to sell them for $400ish with 6 value pay lol
If that's the case I'm in
JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » November 9th 2011, 4:14am

Watch Noob wrote:I went to DB's Facebook page. Other people are also asking how much or other various questions in general. Does anyone there even answer questions or is the page solely another promo type advertisement?

Of course not, he won't even answer questions to his loyalist of customers who strongly support and defend him when he is asked specific questions to validate his statements in regards to his watches.

He has been asked now for over a year to show proof in regards to the testing of his watches for the depths he claims they will go but all anyone ever gets is silence. If you are going to say it ya gotta prove it and he ... well he tells the world the truth with his silence.

Stan has taken his brand Deep Blue down the path of being just another television watch lacking in everything a true horologist and/or diver would really want in a watch. He would rather sell to the mass wannabe's and those who care more for the look and attention it will garner than for those who will actually appreciate and use it for what it supposedly was designed for.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Falstaff » November 9th 2011, 6:01am

It's all about the benjamins for Stan. He purports to be a watch enthusiast when in fact he is merely a watch sales enthusiast. He'll say whatever is necessary to sell his product - just another Lalo wannabe.

"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."

Return to “Invicta”