Speaking of Deep Blue

Speaking of Deep Blue

Post by Guest » May 8th 2011, 8:12am

Some dullard at WG started a thread asking Stan to make the historic leap to 50mm and up.

Thankfully a lot of people said NO!

It will be interesting to see how Stan reacts to this kind of feedback. Not sure he really even considers forum posts but who knows.

Bourbon City
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Speaking of Deep Blue

Post by Bourbon City » May 8th 2011, 8:49am

The person who asked for the 50mm plus sizes must have been a kid who is into fashion watches and not timepieces.

Stan listened to Jimblo and went to the 48mm size, so who knows what he'll do. Even Stan may not know right now. My dollar say he is thinking about it.

bc
poot74
Senior Member & WIS

Post by poot74 » May 8th 2011, 8:51am

Here's the OP's comment...I see about 60 - 40 against right now...

Hey Stan ,How are you ? doing well I trust .
Question for Ya : Whats the Hold up. Why Dont you go ahead and get with the program, and build the 50mm diver with T-100 tubes , whats the matter are you afraid you wont be able to keep up with the titlewave demand for such an history making , Jawdropping ,cool as can get timepiece.

Come on Man were all here just waiting for you. the [50mm & up club] I mean .
All the best to Ya friend.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » May 8th 2011, 9:26am

Stan himself has told me that 48mm is (and will be) his maximum.

Recently I've personally split Deep Blue offerings into 2 categories. True Divers and Fashion Divers. The Master 2K Series (GMT included) being the only "true" diver IMHO. Perhaps the original 1K qualifies as true, but I've never owned/held one to assess for certain.

As much as I like Deep Blue (and Stan) I have no choice but to relegate all else: Pro, Pro-Ops, Ops, Alpha Marine, Bluewater, Backwash MOP (whatever), to Fashion Wannabee Divers. To capture the current geek-like trend of interest and revenue.

Very curious to see where his M3K falls.
Last edited by Anonymous on May 8th 2011, 9:28am, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon City
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Bourbon City » May 8th 2011, 9:49am

jaw wrote:Stan himself has told me that 48mm is (and will be) his maximum.

Recently I've personally split Deep Blue offerings into 2 categories. True Divers and Fashion Divers. The Master 2K Series (GMT included) being the only "true" diver IMHO. Perhaps the original 1K qualifies as true, but I've never owned/held one to assess for certain.

As much as I like Deep Blue (and Stan) I have no choice but to relegate all else: Pro, Pro-Ops, Ops, Alpha Marine, Bluewater, Backwash MOP (whatever), to Fashion Wannabee Divers. To capture the current geek-like trend of interest and revenue.

Very curious to see where his M3K falls.

What Stan says and what the Dollar says are two different things, so we'll see.

I like how you cataloged the DB Watches. I agree. I would call the Sea Diver 1K a tool watch and a diver. I have one without the current logo.

bc

Post by Guest » May 8th 2011, 12:23pm

32771 wrote:Shouldn't it be "tidalwave"???

*shrug*

I guess I'm missing it...

Read the quoted message from WG. The dolt that wants Stan to go 50mm and up wrote "titlewave."

He also used "ya" a lot instead of you.
Last edited by Guest on May 8th 2011, 1:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » May 21st 2011, 7:48am

New models coming out this week... the updated M2K III (46mm with orange or blue accent & lume), the Master Mag 1000m (47mm)with a ceramic bezel (nice!) and a couple others. These here with ETA 2824s. Probably picking up a Master Mag with a white dial/wht bezel
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » May 21st 2011, 8:13am

Disappointed in the Juggernaut. Nice detail/complexity accomplishment for Stan - but is slathered with Invicta design queues. Looks to even be photographed by Skelton The Hump. What better way to capture the WG attention than to use their favorite image messenger.

The black/silver version may still get me as I do not have a DB chrono - but the movement is nothing special. Size however, is encouraging at 46mm.

Still hoping for the M3K reveal to mark a return to Stan-ity.

Juggernaut
Bracelet: Stainless Steel
Movement: Swiss Ronda 5040.D Quartz Chronograph
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown: Screw Down w/ Function Pushers
Clasp: Push Button Deployant
Bracelet Measurements: 9-1/4" L x 22mm W
Case Measurements: 46mm
Case Thickness: 18mm
Water Resistance: 100 ATM - 1000 meters - 3300 feet

Post by Guest » May 21st 2011, 9:15am

Yeah, he's got all the pictures obviously, as he is posting them on facebook... but it's like he wants the big unveiling of the new line to be on the schlop Sunday evening. In the past when new models would come out, Stan would tell us to wait and buy it from the shop... it will be cheaper there than he would sell them for. Go figure.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”