Legendary F1 Driver Jim Clark Had Excellent Taste In Watches

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Legendary F1 Driver Jim Clark Had Excellent Taste In Watches

Post by Nuvolari » May 1st 2020, 7:47pm

If you get to know some of the stand-up individuals that make up your local car scene, you’ll quickly find out that many of these same petrolheads also happen to be avid watch collectors. The synonymous nature of these two passions dates back to the early days of motorsport and watchmaking, when drivers relied upon their chronograph-equipped wristwatch to keep track of lap times, and perform calculations on the circuit.

One such driver was Jim Clark, the legendary two-time Formula One world champion, and as an admirer of his for many years now, it came as a pleasant surprise to find out that much like myself, Clark seemed to have a small (though impressive) collection of well-designed chronographs. Over the years, three pieces from Galet, Enicar, and Breitling have become closely associated with him. Let’s take a look.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/legen ... in-watches
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Legendary F1 Driver Jim Clark Had Excellent Taste In Watches

Post by conjurer » May 1st 2020, 7:56pm

That looks like a Model T, not a F1 car, Nuvi, you crazy bastard!! And, I'd have imagined that Mr. Clark would have worn a helmet, not a straw boater.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Legendary F1 Driver Jim Clark Had Excellent Taste In Watches

Post by Nuvolari » May 1st 2020, 9:44pm

conjurer wrote:
May 1st 2020, 7:56pm
That looks like a Model T, not a F1 car, Nuvi, you crazy bastard!! And, I'd have imagined that Mr. Clark would have worn a helmet, not a straw boater.
That’s old, Conj - back from when he was still known as James Wellingworth Carmichael Clarksterven, III (which, back then, was always spoken out loud, ‘zee zhird’.)
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites”