Reigning things in...

biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Reigning things in...

Post by biglove » January 29th 2020, 4:42pm

In an effort to, once again, reign in my collection; I have decided to setup categories and limits to pieces. I have a nasty habit of buying something because it is different or because it is at a great price, then it never gets worn.

New rule is, I cannot buy a watch unless I sell one currently in that category. Have fretted over this list for a couple of days and changed two out as I went through the watches.

Will be selling off some 19 watches not listed.

I present the current SOTC.

DIVER (5)-FULL
-1. Citizen Eco-Drive BN0150-28E
-2. Glycine Combat Sub Bronze GL0187
-3. Heimdallr SKX
-4. Heimdallr 62MAS Bronze
-5. Orient Kamasu RA-AA0004E19A

CHRONO (6)-
-1. Dan Henry 1962 Racing Chrono-Blue
-2. SeaGull Tianjin 1963 D304 Pilot
-3. Seiko Flightmaster SNA411
-4. Corgeut Speedmaster
-5. Seiko SSB031 Chrono
-6. ??????

DRESS (5)-FULL
-1. Casio MTP1370L-2A
-2. Citizen NH8350-83L
-3. Tissot PR-100 T101.408.11.051.00
-4. SeaGull Singapore Sea Master
-5. Timex Marlin TW2T23200ZV

GMT (1)-FULL
-1. Citizen Eco-Drive GMT BJ7100-82E

PILOT (1)
-1. ??????

DIGITAL (1)-FULL
-1. SKMEI Metal Digital

ANA-DIGI (1)-FULL
-1. SKMEI 1220 Digital

BEATER (2)-FULL
-1. Seiko SARB035
-2. Orient Ray II-FAA02005D9

GIFTS RECEIVED (NO LIMIT)
-1. Zhongshan VCM
-2. HKED Emperor Vintage Diver
-3. Certina DS-1 125th An'versary LE
EBADDABA-FD4C-4600-9A48-D8116B5A4B16.jpeg
9F34234A-5307-4D2D-A93B-B2C33E410100.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'll give you 5 bucks to spank me with a dead duck!"-Mike Rowe, Dirty Jobs
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Reigning things in...

Post by biglove » January 29th 2020, 6:13pm

I had a new 24 slot watch box arrive today and I knew it was time to try, once again, to slim the collection down.

Yeah, it was the Ball vs Timex Marlin. The Timex won. I have a soft spot for that noisy Miyota rotor and soft acrylic crystal.

Have contemplated getting back into aquaria. Would love to have another 250 gallon tank BUT there are a couple of formidable obstacles.

Cash outlay. Would take around $5K to get what I want. And the wife says "only one expensive hobby at a time."

I would have to convince the wife to let me have water lines in and drain lines running out through an exterior wall. With this being a new house, that is not likely a battle I wish to enter. She would be ok with it being in my office but I am rarely in there. I would want it in our bedroom.
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » January 30th 2020, 5:08am

I havent bought a new watch for 2 years come February but then again I havent sold one either.

Holding at a nice, solid 19 working and wearable matching biglove. Must be a good number.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » January 30th 2020, 7:41am

No Rooster? Ya gotta hang on to that one.

I have more than I probably should, but they have a place so I keep them all. I just buy a new display box when needed. I’m happy where I am at, I probably wouldn’t be as happy if I limited myself. I’d rather regret having a watch then not having a watch.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 30th 2020, 8:21am

I really enjoy the fact that your collection is segmented into categories - a sure sign of someone who puts a lot of thought into their watches.

Good on ya.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » January 30th 2020, 10:32am

svaglic wrote:
January 30th 2020, 7:41am
...wouldn’t be as happy if I limited myself. I’d rather regret having a watch then not having a watch.
This sums it up perfectly

I was just recently wondering if maybe I might have some sort of “problem”... or perhaps just a simple but long-term bout of functional hoarderism?

97 watches, 27 VSA knifes, 14 Mountblanc pens, (7 cars - was 8, but just sold one) - why, when any one would due? Well... they are all objects I had enjoyed or desired as a lad and now that I’m a (youthful) old fuck I find the trinkets still bring me joy... though storage is more of a consideration than it used to be.

I suspect most of you harbour a different version of the same sentiment...

Here’s a glimpse at my rather unhealthily thinking, though: I see those numbers above and my instinctive take away is, “...I really should get 3 more pens” - then the tallies would all end in a “7”.
Rusty
Master of Time

Post by Rusty » January 30th 2020, 11:30am

biglove wrote:
January 29th 2020, 6:13pm

Have contemplated getting back into aquaria. Would love to have another 250 gallon tank BUT there are a couple of formidable obstacles.

Cash outlay. Would take around $5K to get what I want. And the wife says "only one expensive hobby at a time."

I would have to convince the wife to let me have water lines in and drain lines running out through an exterior wall. With this being a new house, that is not likely a battle I wish to enter. She would be ok with it being in my office but I am rarely in there. I would want it in our bedroom.
You have to feed fish. You don't have to feed watches.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » January 30th 2020, 12:39pm

Rusty wrote:
January 30th 2020, 11:30am
biglove wrote:
January 29th 2020, 6:13pm

You have to feed fish. You don't have to feed watches.
True..unless they're quartz(batterys) or we're considering service costs(autos)..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » February 4th 2020, 10:29am

Hmmm

Watches I wear on a regular basis

ImageImage

Some watches I wear once in awhile

And somewhere are more watches in two other watch cases that I wear once in awhile as well

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 4th 2020, 11:52am

Nuvolari wrote:
January 30th 2020, 10:32am
27 VSA knifes
VSA knifes are the perfect merger of quality and price, and can't blame you.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 4th 2020, 1:22pm

^^^^ That is just a killer shot.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 4th 2020, 3:59pm

Nuvolari wrote:
February 4th 2020, 3:53pm
Alox - nice!

Yeah, there is also that dangerous calling when you combine the two... as you see above, where the only thing better than a new watch or knife - is one of each, from the same company!
Lord, I don't need this addiction to be worse.

Return to “General Watch talk”