Helpful tips for bloggers

Other forum links and links to many blogs and magazines
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Helpful tips for bloggers

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 22nd 2019, 7:48am

When it comes to the tone/language advice - what the fuck? If one wants to use comparisons, go ahead. Want to use a rhetorical question? Do so. Just don't do it, if you can't do it properly.

Contractions ARE helpful, as they're a part of what's called active voice. Any software along the lines of the Hemingway Editor will immediately increase the active voice rating of a text, if contractions are added.

Besides, we're talking about a blog post, not a scientific journal publication or a thesis.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Helpful tips for bloggers

Post by Hawk » August 22nd 2019, 8:24am

I don't blog but if I did I would find this to be liberating:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... tence-with
Ending a sentence with a preposition such as "with," "of," and "to, is permissible in the English language. There are theories that the false rule originates with the early usage guides of Joshua Poole and John Dryden, in trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong. Nonetheless, the idea that it is a rule is still held by many.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee

Return to “Blogs, Watch Magazines & other sites”