Knee replacement

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Knee replacement

Post by Ofcmark » June 8th 2019, 6:43pm

Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Knee replacement

Post by foghorn » June 8th 2019, 6:55pm

Ofcmark wrote:Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November

I know the feeling. Don't rush anything.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 8th 2019, 7:41pm

Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » June 9th 2019, 7:31am

A business acquaintance went through one the beginning of this year, he was back walking the course golfing three months post surgery.
He told a co-worker whom is having one done next month to strictly adhere to the PT.

Hope all works well for you.

DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DBCooper » June 9th 2019, 8:52am

Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 9th 2019, 8:57am

DBCooper wrote:Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:

Glad you are doing well. Jeebus, we are all getting old!
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Post by Ofcmark » June 9th 2019, 12:44pm

biglove wrote:Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.

No kidding I had the right knee done two years ago totally different experience this time I also think I have a more skilled surgeon in a far better hospital. At this time with my right knee the doctors were talking about putting me in a nursing home for follow up physical therapy. With my left knee been home since Monday and started physical therapy Tuesday
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 9th 2019, 1:56pm

Feel better, Mark. In my circle I have a hip replacement and major foot sugery among my friends. It takes such patience and therapy to recover. You'll get there.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”