Knee replacement

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Post Reply
Ofcmark (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 673
Joined: July 23rd 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Lake Villa IL
Contact:

Knee replacement

Post by Ofcmark » June 8th 2019, 6:43pm

Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November
User avatar
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 19125
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by foghorn » June 8th 2019, 6:55pm

Ofcmark wrote:Well I finally couldn’t take all the pain and the shots were not working so I had a knee replacement done last Monday. I am up and walking around the swelling is starting to go down. Been taking an Oxy every 4 to 6 hours which makes me very sleepy. I have another week of home physical therapy and then another two months of outpatient I figured I’d get it done now before retiring November




I know the feeling. Don't rush anything.
Image
User avatar
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 12184
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by biglove » June 8th 2019, 7:41pm

Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 7404
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by Falstaff » June 9th 2019, 7:26am

Knee replacement recovery can be tough, but when it's done and you realize that you're free of that incessant, grinding arthritic pain, you'll feel 20 years younger! A smooth recovery to you, sir.
"And in the space of one hour is Babylon the Great thrown down. Not a stone remains standing upon stone - the smoke of her burning does blot out the sun and the reek thereof lies as a deadly pestilence upon the land. Alas Babylon...."
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 6251
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by codguy » June 9th 2019, 7:31am

A business acquaintance went through one the beginning of this year, he was back walking the course golfing three months post surgery.
He told a co-worker whom is having one done next month to strictly adhere to the PT.

Hope all works well for you.
.
User avatar
DBCooper
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1741
Joined: July 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by DBCooper » June 9th 2019, 8:52am

Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:
After all, no ham-wristed louts complained when all watches were 34mm - no cries of "looks like a little girl's watch on my wrist!" Like King Canute on the beach, that's where I draw the line - come what may.

Falstaff, May 19, 2014.
User avatar
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 12184
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by biglove » June 9th 2019, 8:57am

DBCooper wrote:Just had a total hip replacement (anterior) the 1st of February. Like you said the pain just keeps building till you HAVE to do something. Back at work in 7 weeks. Everything is working great with NO restrictions.
You gonna be just fine. Hang tough Mark. :okk:


Glad you are doing well. Jeebus, we are all getting old!
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Ofcmark (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 673
Joined: July 23rd 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Lake Villa IL
Contact:

Re: Knee replacement

Post by Ofcmark » June 9th 2019, 12:44pm

biglove wrote:Dude, total knee replacement is some next level Jedi-like shit!

Technology has come SO far in the last 30 years.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up the therapy and get ready for the retirement.


No kidding I had the right knee done two years ago totally different experience this time I also think I have a more skilled surgeon in a far better hospital. At this time with my right knee the doctors were talking about putting me in a nursing home for follow up physical therapy. With my left knee been home since Monday and started physical therapy Tuesday
Post Reply

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: foghorn and 2 guests