Which Omega are you wearing today?..

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Which Omega are you wearing today?..

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 6th 2019, 11:23am

1946 ref. MI 2214, with the shockproof (Incabloc device) and anti-magnetic (well, more than an ordinary 30T2...) 30T2 PC AM inside.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » June 6th 2019, 12:13pm

Omega and IWC are the two brands I would like to accumulate next. The Mark Spitfire is a hell of a watch with great variations. I have Mark XVI w/ETA mvmt but prior models used JLC. Here's a beauty I could live with.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 6th 2019, 12:31pm

tiktok wrote:Omega and IWC are the two brands I would like to accumulate next. The Mark Spitfire is a hell of a watch with great variations. I have Mark XVI w/ETA mvmt but prior models used JLC. Here's a beauty I could live with.

That's a beautiful one indeed. Of the current "Mark" line-up, I'd say this and the Mark XVIII Heritage (titanium case, fully lumed dial) are the best pieces. Though if this had all the hour markers lumed, it'd be unquestionably the best "Mark" that IWC made in quite a while.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 6th 2019, 12:56pm

tiktok wrote:I'm thinking older Bloke though good Ti is always welcome. All my titanium now is by Seiko who seem proud of making it look like steel.

Of older IWCs that I can suggest, there's a shitload of their 1950s and 1960s dress watches, though if you prefer more modern, I believe the Portugieser Rattrapante (7750 modified by Richard Habring) from the late 1990s isn't hard to come by, at least in terms of abundance on the market.
H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Omega”