F72 WUS forum project Green Square GMT w/rare extras!

Ebay Auctions and any sales off-site go here. See something for sale that might interest members, it goes here too.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

F72 WUS forum project Green Square GMT w/rare extras!

Post by koimaster » April 25th 2019, 3:16pm

Up for sale is my copy of the 2014 Chinese Mechanical Forum (/f72) project watch -- the square GMT in green. This is a beautiful watch with a teak sunray dial, ultra-wearable, functional, and affordable.
Specs:
Square case in polished stainless measures 37mm w/o crown, 47mm lug-to-lug (it certainly wears MUCH larger than a 37mm round watch), 12mm height.
DG3804 Automatic GMT movement, hand winding and hacking. (I've not worn it enough to time it; in the few times I've worn it, I've not noticed any timekeeping issues, but YMMV)
WUS logo on dial, signed crown, signed buckle, and "One of 200" indicated on case back.
World map of time zones on case back.
Applied indices with interior 24 hr markers alternating with unnumbered lume pips. Hands are silver with lume, GMT hand is tipped in red. Dial is sunburst finished in blue with vertical elements in the interior recessed circle.

This watch comes with the rare prototype bracelet, brushed center link but otherwise polished, button clasp, hollow end links (but fit quite well). No half links on this one, and the bracelet is signed "TimeIn." But that's what you get for a rare protoype. Currently sized for a 7" wrist, but comes with four additional links. It will also come with an unused black, water resistant leather strap, signed on the buckle and underside with the WUS logo.

The condition is very good. Because it's so polished, it's picked up a few scratches, including a swirly scratch around the crown, light scratches on the other side of the case, desk diving scratches on the bracelet, and a scratch on the top left lug extending onto the bracelet endlink. The last one is the only one deep enough that I can feel with my fingernail. It's still a striking, impressive piece.

I'm asking $160 shipped via USPS priority mail in the U.S., with payment by PayPal. I could go a little less if you don't want the generic box. I have good feedback here. I hope you do to.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/f72-w ... 33129.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
AlbertaTime (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: F72 WUS forum project Green Square GMT w/rare extras!

Post by AlbertaTime » April 25th 2019, 5:49pm

Yep, I never liked that one. The quality was OK--no real issue at all--but "designed by committee" didn't work as well in that instance as it had in others.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
AlbertaTime (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: F72 WUS forum project Green Square GMT w/rare extras!

Post by AlbertaTime » April 25th 2019, 10:30pm

foghorn wrote:Forum watches seldom work

I've got four from the CMW forum that I think turned out pretty well. Mine run fine.

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “eBay & Off-Site Sales”