Tax Day 04/15/19

tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Tax Day 04/15/19

Post by tiktok » April 15th 2019, 3:05am

Stayed up all night to get it in the mail at 5 a.m. Sizing down with my Credor HAQ.

"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Tax Day 04/15/19

Post by Thunder1 » April 15th 2019, 3:23am

Ebel's 1911 chrono, cal.137, blue dial for a blue Monday..

For later this afternoon/evening, Ebel's Brasillia..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » April 15th 2019, 7:27am

Nice that you lot have tax freedom day as early as 16 April this year (on average, of course). In the UK, it's 29 May, although a lot of people there think it should be 31 December every year, AND your vote should be ignored. So by comparison, 16 April really is "freedom".

Now, remind me what it was you did to the British government way back, when you got taxed up the wazoo and told your opinion didn't count? Let's see, was it:

a) a lot of internet name-calling
b) running home in tears to Euro-mummy, or
c) beating the living shit out of a load of grasping tax-happy redcoats

Answers on a postcard, please, and the more graphic the better because I'm in a foul mood :<
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 15th 2019, 7:56am

foghorn wrote:Did mine in February so just a Mundane Marathon Day

that's Iz a Nadia nyce juan Froggie. the Sekunds hand loks Lyke a E. power Biggs lollie Pop!!
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 15th 2019, 11:05am

Question' Why the Rolex is left in vintage shall I say condition. Is this a fashion?
Just asking as I really don't know.
Does this rule transfer to jewelry and Porches?
Perhaps eyeglasses?
I would hazard a guess its not the cost but getting the original dial and hands, maybe the plastic
Don't flame me, Im genuinely interested.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » April 15th 2019, 6:13pm

tomsimac wrote:Question' Why the Rolex is left in vintage shall I say condition. Is this a fashion?
Perhaps eyeglasses?
I would hazard a guess its not the cost but getting the original dial and hands, maybe the plastic

I am guessing you really don't know so I will answer. An original 5508 with original parts that have not been replaced is worth $50k+.

A "nice" one with shiny original service parts that were not original to the watch is worth $12k.

Hope that helps.
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » April 16th 2019, 5:03am

smellody wrote:
tomsimac wrote:Question' Why the Rolex is left in vintage shall I say condition. Is this a fashion?
Perhaps eyeglasses?

I am guessing you really don't know so I will answer. An original 5508 with original parts that have not been replaced is worth $50k+.

A "nice" one with shiny original service parts that were not original to the watch is worth $12k.

Hope that helps.

I passed on a 5513 some years ago, for the equivalent of $5k, because it had a very recent, gloss dial with gold trims around the near-dead Tritium plots. I thought, if I'm going to get one of those, I may as well get a modern 14060 which has working lume and was always supposed to look like that. I'm not a crumbling-lume, beaten-to-shit drooling originality freak, but at least the old dial without gold inlays has a certain charm. The plots are a bit bigger, too.

Return to “Watch You Are Wearing”