Winter is Here..

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Winter is Here..

Post by Thunder1 » April 12th 2019, 3:57am

On HBO, eight o'clock central time this coming Sunday..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Winter is Here..

Post by Thunder1 » April 13th 2019, 9:28pm

10 critical 'GoT' details to remember during the final season...

(CNN)Nothing in "Game of Thrones" happens by accident.

Petyr Baelish can't just tell Sweet Robin that some men die on the privy without a toilet-bound Tywin Lannister getting two arrows to the gut a few episodes later. Maggy the Frog can't just tell a young Cersei Lannister that she'll have three royal children who will die without Cersei actually having three royal children who bite the dust in increasingly tragic ways.

It means that in the final few episodes, basically every detail, line of dialogue and theory from the past seven seasons could very well be at the center of some mind-blowing revelation. However, a LOT has happened, and you'd be forgiven if somewhere between the Red Wedding and Margaery Tyrell becoming green mist, the section of your brain devoted to "Game of Thrones" deep cuts got a little overloaded.

So, settle in to your favorite knobbly tree, let your eyes roll back in your head and let's journey through time and space to revisit 10 critical details that may or may not play a part in the final season -- but will be good to remember anyway.

(NOTE: This list only includes things specifically mentioned or heavily implied in the series, so things like the Valonqar prophecy are not mentioned by name. Otherwise, we'd be here all day.)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/entertai ... index.html
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » April 14th 2019, 5:00am

Im all suited up and ready.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 15th 2019, 11:11am

Just started at season one... binge worthy series
Hated the way HBO creates long lag times, so held out

I can see some time lines forming as you mention. John Snow is somehow, in my mind the true king. Saved etc...I have to quit reading the tidbits but somehow I look forward to that blonde haired product of incest king to get his due reward in the slave toilet area
from episode 1 it was kind of obvious who was really important in the plot. I may be wrong but who wants to know, it is suspenseful to say the least.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 15th 2019, 11:24am

Count yourself as one of the lucky ones that have yet to view the entire 8 season saga..on the same level, I think, of The Sopranos and Battlestar Galactica...
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 22nd 2019, 3:09pm

Here's my guess for episode 3..The Night Walkers only 'isolate' Winterfell, but the majority of the Night Walkers continue their trek South to attack Cersei at King's Landing..and that her brother has to kill her when she becomes the 'Ice Queen'..anyway, here is some other takes on what's coming up...
https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/game-of ... tions.html
MAX

Post by MAX » April 23rd 2019, 3:58am

First time I have ever not wanted to see a semi attractive female undress.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » April 28th 2019, 1:17pm

I tried to watch the first couple of years but all I could ever think about was how bad everything must have smelled back then. Rotting bodies everywhere, putrefying heads on posts, no sanitation, ridiculous hygiene practices, people burned at the stake every three minutes and so on and so forth. Why, I can't believe those people could get close enough to each other to reproduce- can't imagine watching 8 years of it.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » April 28th 2019, 2:50pm

3Flushes wrote:I tried to watch the first couple of years but all I could ever think about was how bad everything must have smelled back then. Rotting bodies everywhere, putrefying heads on posts, no sanitation, ridiculous hygiene practices, people burned at the stake every three minutes and so on and so forth. Why, I can't believe those people could get close enough to each other to reproduce- can't imagine watching 8 years of it.

The determining factors you've enumerated are precisely what compelled folk to ignore the smell and fuck like minks. After all, if you are liable to be killed by your overlord, killed by a neighboring overlord, die of starvation from famine or pestilence, infection, plague, sheer grinding poverty - or of simply being run over by a pie wagon, sex was about the best (and cheap) a time as you could have given an average life expectancy of 40. As Hobbes noted in Leviathan - life was solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short. And since half of the children borne of such generalized fornication died at birth, it was also Nature's ad hoc method of preserving the species.
"When the music's over, turn out the lights."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » April 28th 2019, 3:32pm

Orgasms are an addictive process, and I 'spose they had to be. The earth's inhabitants then certainly didn't know any better from the smells I guess, however, humans at some point had had it with their stank... quite an industry of covering our scents emerged to the ridiculous extent advertising has taken it to in modernity.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
foghorn (Online)

Post by foghorn » April 28th 2019, 3:57pm

It must've been rank during the hot summer of 1787 in Philadelphia when our forefathers toiled to write the constitution, what with all the sweat and crapping and pissing in pots and whatnot. Rumor has it that it was the stank from one of James Madisons chamber pots that caused the Liberty Bell to crack.
MAX

Post by MAX » April 29th 2019, 5:21am

Arya The Kingslayer! I doubt she will be given a hard time about it like Jaime though.

I want the next book Dammit.
NRPI here.

koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » April 29th 2019, 9:19am

I saw the latest episode when I returned from Avengers Endgame. I had to fast forward parts of it since I am a bit bored with zombies (same old same old) but it was interesting that after all of the hype (spoiler alert) the dreaded Winter King was killed so easily.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 30th 2019, 7:48am

It was not something unexpected. Sort of like Enders Game really.
Loved the movie... book was better

Want to know a fun fact.... iPads were in Enders game... years before invented
I found that profound in a sense. Science fiction, a former passion as a kid... so much was foretold
Even comics. Dick Tracy with an Apple Watch phone.... in the 1950 era.
Flying cars or drones now possible. Hell, even the idea that someone like Trump would lead the free world. That’s just insane... I think of the Matrix... another mind stretching movie
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » April 30th 2019, 8:12am

Just a little disappointed that the HBO production crew determined that this battle s/b shown to be fought at night. Some special effects were employed to 'enhance' cable subscribers experience(despite not seeing a lot of the activity in question) resulted in a somewhat diminished experience(the Night King doing his thing, not withstanding)..in essence, they prevented the audience from enjoying the full measure of a weighty Westeros fight scene..hopefully, HBO's budget(and artistic license) allows them to do something much more gripping for the 3 final episodes of the series..

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”