Omega Speedmaster Solid Gold Apollo 11 Anniversary Ltd Ed

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Omega Speedmaster Solid Gold Apollo 11 Anniversary Ltd Ed

Post by Racer-X » March 12th 2019, 2:46pm

"SOLID. GOLD. SPEEDY. You knew Omega had something up its sleeve for the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and it turns out it is a re-creation of the exceedingly cool Speedmaster BA145.0220, replete with the burgundy bezel and black onyx markers. For those about to hit Wikipedia, yes, Apollo 11 is arguably the Apollo mission, having put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the surface of the Moon on July 20th, 1969. Gold is customary for 50th anniversaries, and Omega went all out in creating a special edition that speaks directly to Speedmaster aficionados and of the era that created the Moonwatch.

Assuming some of you don't know the original reference BA145.022, perhaps a bit of background is required. Apollo 11 put mankind on the Moon in July of 1969, and later that year (in November) Omega presented a special edition of the Speedmaster at an appreciation dinner for the Apollo astronauts – the BA145.022. Limited to 1,014 pieces, the first two in the series were presented to President Nixon and Vice President Spiro Agnew. As for the remaining 1,012 units, Omega says that 3-28 were given to NASA astronauts, 29-32 went to "Swiss watch industry leaders and politicians," 33-1,000 were offered to the public, 1,001-1,008 went to the crews of Apollo 14 and 17, and 1,009-1,014 were reserved by Omega for other personalities (with no additional information provided on who these personalities were or are)."

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/omega-speedmaster-apollo-11-anniversary-limited-edition-introducing
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Omega Speedmaster Solid Gold Apollo 11 Anniversary Ltd E

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » March 12th 2019, 5:53pm

I don't know why, but I don't hate it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “Omega”