Don’t Buy A Rolex Submariner Until You’ve Seen This

tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Don’t Buy A Rolex Submariner Until You’ve Seen This

Post by tiktok » February 22nd 2019, 1:23pm

I will buy one next year Smells. I have a private watch box so it doesn't bully my Seiko-thon. My boys on 47th Street where many of you losers would never tread, will hook me up.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » February 23rd 2019, 8:21am

I wouldn't mind a Rolex Sub at all but I'm not into dive watches much so Rolex's iconic design doesn't appeal as much as a Datejust or Exploder.

Nice idea about the separate watch boxes but perhaps more appropriate for the fans of the various brands. I had an Exploder in close proximity to a Snowflake and they got along fine despite some posturing that was reminiscent of two male betas in the same fish bowl.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
bobbee
Master of Time

Post by bobbee » February 23rd 2019, 8:35am

Hawk wrote:I wouldn't mind a Rolex Sub at all but I'm not into dive watches much so Rolex's iconic design doesn't appeal as much as a Datejust or Exploder.

Nice idea about the separate watch boxes but perhaps more appropriate for the fans of the various brands. I had an Exploder in close proximity to a Snowflake and they got along fine despite some posturing that was reminiscent of two male betas in the same fish bowl.

Allah u Akbar!
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » February 23rd 2019, 4:11pm

I can't take credit for it. Ford's Explorer earned the moniker with a couple fires. Not quite as famously as the Pinto but sufficient to put a "d" in "explorer" for all time. Similar to how the Crown Vic became the Crown Wick in DFW police circles.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » February 23rd 2019, 6:33pm

I've run a Supermarine for several years now and rate it near the top of the available dive watches. Its better than a Submariner and is playing more in the Sea Dweller space.

In a forced choice between the Sub and Supermarine the Bremont was an easy get, but between it and the Sea Dweller the Rolex slightly edges it out...until you get to the entry price. When I made that choice the Bremont won and I remain very happy with it :mrgreen:

Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 23rd 2019, 6:39pm

bedlam wrote:I've run a Supermarine for several years now and rate it near the top of the available dive watches. Its better than a Submariner and is playing more in the Sea Dweller space.

In a forced choice between the Sub and Supermarine the Bremont was an easy get, but between it and the Sea Dweller the Rolex slightly edges it out...until you get to the entry price. When I made that choice the Bremont won and I remain very happy with it :mrgreen:

Funny you should bring that up, you must be psychic - I read somewhere earlier today that the Bremont was chosen by some watch site as the perfect alternative to the Submariner. From a personal, non-diver's standpoint, I dig the Supermarine, too, cuz it's just plain snazzy..
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
tomsimac (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » October 4th 2019, 4:32am

I owned the Sea Dweller for about 8 years. Always wanted a Rolex as it seemed to be the best
Skipped the Sub as I did not like the cyclops. Difference was not that much in price. I never had anyone ask me about it... not once. I loved it until I got into the watch forums. So many alternatives, oh it was crazy. I sold it for more than I paid, it was due for service anyway so off I went buying watches right and left. Selling the ones I did not bond with. Now looking back I don’t regret it at all. I had a blast and still a member here... enjoyed the ride and have some great ones
I wear. Made some friends, a lot of money on watch trades and resales. But most of all, I learned a Rolex doesn’t make your life better. It’s the enjoyment of a variety in watches, but could never wear a replica.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » October 4th 2019, 5:58am

tomsimac wrote:
October 4th 2019, 4:32am
I owned the Sea Dweller for about 8 years. Always wanted a Rolex as it seemed to be the best
Skipped the Sub as I did not like the cyclops. Difference was not that much in price. I never had anyone ask me about it... not once. I loved it until I got into the watch forums. So many alternatives, oh it was crazy. I sold it for more than I paid, it was due for service anyway so off I went buying watches right and left. Selling the ones I did not bond with. Now looking back I don’t regret it at all. I had a blast and still a member here... enjoyed the ride and have some great ones
I wear. Made some friends, a lot of money on watch trades and resales. But most of all, I learned a Rolex doesn’t make your life better. It’s the enjoyment of a variety in watches, but could never wear a replica.
Yep...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Britboy
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Britboy » October 4th 2019, 7:16am

Hmmm.. I have to admit that the Bremont does tug at my heart especially as it is English and its called the supermarine (which to me is synonymous with the Spitfire)

I keep saving for a Rolex Sub and get nearly there and something comes up and there goes my watch fund, no regrets but it does make me wince a little
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » October 4th 2019, 1:08pm

Britboy wrote:
October 4th 2019, 7:16am
Hmmm.. I have to admit that the Bremont does tug at my heart especially as it is English and its called the supermarine (which to me is synonymous with the Spitfire)

I keep saving for a Rolex Sub and get nearly there and something comes up and there goes my watch fund, no regrets but it does make me wince a little
You're in luck, cheap supermarine for sale in the sales section.

Return to “Bremont”