Watch Brands People Love to Hate

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Watch Brands People Love to Hate

Post by TemerityB » December 5th 2018, 9:29pm

I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 6th 2018, 8:38am

TemerityB wrote:I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.

True. Then again, I might check out the fellow’s other videos - obviously there’ll be nothing in them that I don’t already know, and possibly something to give me a good laugh. I mean, this short video wasn’t particularly infuriating, or at least I can’t hate it as much as I loathe David Niven’s retarded version with his ”crest” on signet rings and coffee mugs, or the four-eyed, pretentious, ghey orangutan from T&H.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 6th 2018, 10:06am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I actually don't hate all that many brands. YouTube "watch shows"? That's another fucking story. This new Fauntleroy is to actual watch experts what bicycles are to fish. Anybody with a fucking web cam.

True. Then again, I might check out the fellow’s other videos - obviously there’ll be nothing in them that I don’t already know, and possibly something to give me a good laugh. I mean, this short video wasn’t particularly infuriating, or at least I can’t hate it as much as I loathe David Niven’s retarded version with his ”crest” on signet rings and coffee mugs, or the four-eyed, pretentious, ghey orangutan from T&H.

You got that right. That T&H stuff is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen - check out their webpage and see what they're asking for vintage watches in sometimes seedy states of disrepair. They're just like Evine - hoping to capture an audience that doesn't know the first thing about watches.
Someone told me years ago that you never see a hearse being followed by an armored car. - Datsun240Z71

Return to “General Watch talk”