In the North of Bali for some deeper diving

Bedlam causing bends
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

In the North of Bali for some deeper diving

Post by bedlam » October 17th 2018, 1:06am

Took a trip to the north eastern tip of Bali for another diving holiday. Its a bit dark lower down so less chance for pics. Its also hard to manage camera equipment when you are running extra tanks. The water was mostly around 29C, 15-20m visibility, with the deepest dive around 75m. I also didn't take any watch pics. I was wearing the SBBN013 half the time, though it does tend to get left behind on deeper dives as with 2 computers, compass and a wrist slate there isn't a lot of available room. I missed the timing functions when it wasn't there though...setting timers on a dive computer is painful.

Buddy doing deco on 50% oxygen (which must be getting low as the rear end is floating)

Until next time ;-)
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
bobbee
Master of Time

Re: In the North of Bali for some deeper diving

Post by bobbee » October 17th 2018, 3:01am

Beautiful photography Carl!
I used to keep tropical marines, and owned several fish and inverts in your pics, like the lionfish, both types of clownfish and boxer shrimps and porcelain crab, with several types of anemones.
Love it.
"O' cruel fate, to be thusly boned! Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee." ~ Bender Bending Rodriguez

AlbertaTime (Online)
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » October 17th 2018, 7:02am

Super photos. What do you shoot with?
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 17th 2018, 8:12am

AlbertaTime wrote:Super photos. What do you shoot with?

Panasonic LX100 (also released as the Leica D-Lux Typ 109). Both have the same Leica lenses and are the same camera with some slight differences in body shape.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » October 17th 2018, 4:12pm

75 meters is a good depth to go down to, almost 250 feet. I assume mixed gas? How much bottom time did you have?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » October 17th 2018, 5:37pm

That's some properly brilliant photography. Save perhaps the lionfish, I hate lionfish. One can't get a morning swim while on a windsurfing trip in Egypt, because them venomous bastards just wait to stick a spike in a tourist's leg, as if they couldn't just stay on their fucking reef...Sorry, got carried away. Again, great photos. And I fucking hate lionfish.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 17th 2018, 6:29pm

koimaster wrote:75 meters is a good depth to go down to, almost 250 feet. I assume mixed gas? How much bottom time did you have?

Yup, 18/35 trimix (18% oxygen, 35% helium) as bottom gas, 32% nitrox travel gas, 50% oxy deco gas in 4 tanks (3x 11 litres and 1x 7 litre)

We were down there to retrieve a camera, which we located almost immediately, and there wasn't anything down there to hang around for so we were up within 50mins. It was on a wall, so you can look at the critters as you do the ascent - much nicer than hanging in the blue doing your deco.
bedlam (Online)
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » October 17th 2018, 11:06pm

smellody wrote:Looks like an expensive aristocratic sport of the elite.

Heh heh.

Recreational diving is an everyman pursuit but the technical stuff isn't. In that pic of my buddy there is over 4K in regulators alone. Still, you could kit up for a 100m dive and still have change left over from the price of a Daytona ;)

Return to “Into the Deep Dive Photos & Videos”