Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Racer-X (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Post by Racer-X » September 25th 2018, 10:20pm

"In 1983, CASIO introduced the G-Shock: a game changing timepiece that redefined toughness of a watch. Its first iteration – the DW-5000C, paved the way for an entirely new segment of tough, shockproof watches – one that G-Shocks continues to dominate today. 2018 marks the 35th anniversary of G-Shocks. CASIO is celebrating this milestone with the release of the GLACIER GOLD collection of four G-Shock models with glacier-inspired transparent designs.

The new DW-5035E, DW-5735E, GA-735E, and GA-835E watches combine G-SHOCK toughness with an overall look that evokes the appearance of glaciers in a land of extreme cold, with clear semi-transparent bezels and bands. The innovative use of transparent resin gained attention with the DW-6900K model that was released in 1996 to commemorate the G-SHOCK Dolphin & Whale models, making a lasting mark on the G-SHOCK lineage. The dials, buckles, buttons, screws, and case backs are finished with a brilliant gold color to commemorate their status as 35th anniversary models."

https://deployant.com/new-casio-g-shock-glacier-gold-35th-anniversary-edition/
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Casio G-Shock Glacier Gold 35th Anniversary Edition

Post by conjurer » September 25th 2018, 10:27pm

Normally, I'd go all asshole over watch companies that make a big deal over some anniversary. But, not this time. Casio Gees are so profoundly cool that only the meanest dick would go nuclear over them pounding their chests a little.

Gees have proven themselves all over the world, in the worst places in the world, for decades. Are they a tiny bit ghey? No, because they're fucking Gees.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
Rusty
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Rusty » September 26th 2018, 11:45am

Before I became serious about this watch habit, I pretty much wore Casios and graduated to G’s. If you look at the features that modern G’s have, they are a pretty remarkable invention. I know a few guys who collect only G-Shocks and their collections are astounding. Even though I probably won’t buy a 35th anniversary model, I say Happy Birthday and well done, Kikuo Ibe.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 26th 2018, 11:00pm

I don't mind G-Shocks, I'm sure they're among the epitomes of reliability and durability. However, this "anniversary edition" is shockingly ghey.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “G-Shock”