Shudd da bride to be know price of engagement ring?

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Shudd da bride to be know price of engagement ring?

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 31st 2018, 3:29pm

The value of such an item is symbolic and sentimental - why would either of you bring up the monetary value of it in a conversation? The monetary value of items, which happen to have special meaning to their owners, is probably the most irrelevant aspect of it that I can think of.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 31st 2018, 5:23pm

Nope. And have a look at Moissanite. Better color, clarity and far greater brilliance. Whatever you buy, have it appraised, scheduled for insurance and keep the appraisal in your safe.

I loathe DeBeers and their artificial bullshit scarcity of diamonds attack on the public.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
tiktok (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » January 31st 2018, 7:58pm

Travis thank you for picking your poison.

biglove wrote:Nope. And have a look at Moissanite. Better color, clarity and far greater brilliance. Whatever you buy, have it appraised, scheduled for insurance and keep the appraisal in your safe.

Travis, you have any Jewish people down there? They teach us about how to handle our private affairs in sixth grade :lol:
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Wasp » February 1st 2018, 7:13am

biglove wrote:Nope. And have a look at Moissanite. Better color, clarity and far greater brilliance. Whatever you buy, have it appraised, scheduled for insurance and keep the appraisal in your safe.

I loathe DeBeers and their artificial bullshit scarcity of diamonds attack on the public.

Amongst other pretty oohhh- ahhhh minor gems in the safe the Warden has her Moissanite. I like them better than diamonds. It seems that the only segment that does not are the diamond sellers. My golf buddy owns a bauble store and he has dissertaioned for hours against silicon carbide.

Amazingly good campaign by DeBeers. They hit that special nerve in the female psyche and the result has thus self perpetuated.

P.S. Nice summation vid Racer-X
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » February 1st 2018, 11:58am

Indeed. If DeBeers were to release all the diamonds they have stashed in their vaults, diamonds would be as cheap as chips.
"And in the space of one hour is Babylon the Great thrown down. Not a stone remains standing upon stone - the smoke of her burning does blot out the sun and the reek thereof lies as a deadly pestilence upon the land. Alas Babylon...."

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”