New to the forum - Jonbrit

koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: New to the forum

Post by koimaster » January 30th 2018, 10:22am

JontheBrit wrote:Hi everyone I'm new to this forum, normally I'm into military watches but it's my birthday today, 37 again ;) and I have decided to try to get a watch that I've been after for years so the search begins, anyone have or know the where abouts of a SEIKO SKXA47 AKA White Knight for sale

I suppose a welcome to the forum is in order. I might suggest a bit more information about you and your watch habit and then post in the Want to buy section but as a newbie here you would not know to do that. Let the ball breaking begin and it is all in good fun here. Part of the welcoming ritual at times.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 30th 2018, 11:06am

Some watch pics, or it didn't happen.

Brace for impact and cover yer balls, for they're about to be broken. Well, they surely will be broken when the resident ballbreakers deliver a round of welcoming barrage.

Welcome to the horological madhouse, by the way.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » January 30th 2018, 2:56pm

Welcome to WatchLords, if offered, stay away from the Pineapple.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » January 30th 2018, 3:40pm

Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

As our Illustrious Leader wrote above, we would genuinely love to hear more about you; what you do, what family you may have, and, most importantly, what type of watches are already in your collection. Pictures are always a plus, especially for those who, such as yourself, love to use run-on sentences and random punctuation, something we're taught not to do at a very young age over here. Of course, we're also taught about basic dental health and the consumption of good, healthy food; no fish 'n chips, bangers & mash, or bubble & squeak for us.

Of course, being a conscientious and unassuming Anglophile, I must apologize for the silly little twat we've sent over there for Prince Henry to become enamored with; hopefully, he'll come to his senses and find a nice English girl to settle down with, like William did.

But I digress...

DO feel welcome to Watchlords, sir, and we'll gladly help you with your English language troubles whenever we can.

Toodles,

Don of the Dead
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » January 31st 2018, 6:22pm

smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

I'm just kidding. I much prefer the British Isles. Hello from the colonies.

Are you related to Hans Wildorf?
artman
Master of Time

Post by artman » January 31st 2018, 10:31pm

Mortuus wrote:Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

As our Illustrious Leader wrote above, we would genuinely love to hear more about you; what you do, what family you may have, and, most importantly, what type of watches are already in your collection. Pictures are always a plus, especially for those who, such as yourself, love to use run-on sentences and random punctuation, something we're taught not to do at a very young age over here. Of course, we're also taught about basic dental health and the consumption of good, healthy food; no fish 'n chips, bangers & mash, or bubble & squeak for us.

Of course, being a conscientious and unassuming Anglophile, I must apologize for the silly little twat we've sent over there for Prince Henry to become enamored with; hopefully, he'll come to his senses and find a nice English girl to settle down with, like William did.

But I digress...

DO feel welcome to Watchlords, sir, and we'll gladly help you with your English language troubles whenever we can.

Toodles,

Don of the Dead

I think Princess Meghan has a nice ring to it! It's about time the royal family got some variety in their gene pool.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 31st 2018, 10:42pm

artman wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Welcome to the forum, Jon; it's always good to see yet another UK member show up on our shores. Please allow me the pleasure of wishing you yet another happy 37th birthday, mon ami; I myself just "celebrated" my seventeenth consecutive 42nd birthday a couple weeks back, so I'm doubly glad to see you.

But I digress...

Toodles,

Don of the Dead

I think Princess Meghan has a nice ring to it! It's about time the royal family got some variety in their gene pool.

Yup. It'll allow their blood to clot and shit.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
Pubbie
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Pubbie » February 1st 2018, 1:41am

smellody wrote:Oh my God! I thought we were building a wall for these kinds of situations.

Well, Trump did wonder why they were getting so many people from shithole countries... and last time I went to New York it was like walking onto the set of fucking Downton abbey. A shit ton of displaced Londoners and one token American :)

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”