Self-modded SKX173

SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Self-modded SKX173

Post by SaoGage » March 22nd 2016, 2:52pm

After waiting for a couple weeks for the parts to come in, I finally have my dream SKX173. I prefer the dial slightly to the standard 007, especially the lollipop seconds hand just like the 6309. I replaced the bezel with "The Coin One" off eBay, and the insert with a ceramic Submariner insert from China. I think the end result really justifies the modification, and I am not normally someone into the whole watch modding scene.

SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Self-modded SKX173

Post by SaoGage » March 22nd 2016, 5:03pm

artman wrote:That bezel is sweet! Well done. Even the strap is a cool choice.

The best part - the insert cost me $13.

Thanks guys! I'm starting to understand the appeal of the PMMM thing (poor mans marine master). You can end up making a pretty sweet and unique watch for a relatively small investment of time and money. Next on my list would be sapphire, but I'm not comfortable doing that myself.
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » March 22nd 2016, 6:09pm

Since I have 10 thumbs, seeing stuff like that always scores points with me. Very nice - it's completely sharp.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » March 22nd 2016, 7:36pm

Looks good. Now all you need is a lefty tymeknob mod, just kidding.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “Your New Watch”