SWI Limited Edition 7750 Chronograph A9258

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: SWI Limited Edition 7750 Chronograph A9258

Post by conjurer » February 24th 2012, 10:34am

I've know at least a couple of guys over at BDWF that went after these things like grails, and were damned happy to land one.

I always thought they were too big and busy myself, and pretty damned expensive too. There was talk way back when one saw them a lot on Shop that they were made by a high-end brand for Lior--like Breitling or something, I don't recall which--but I never heard anything definitive about that.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
iwasbanned (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by iwasbanned » February 24th 2012, 11:53am

conjurer wrote:I've know at least a couple of guys over at BDWF that went after these things like grails, and were damned happy to land one.

I always thought they were too big and busy myself, and pretty damned expensive too. There was talk way back when one saw them a lot on Shop that they were made by a high-end brand for Lior--like Breitling or something, I don't recall which--but I never heard anything definitive about that.

I'm pretty sure the maker of these watches is Armand Nicolet. Considering Armand Nicolet does build watches for others and the fact that the dial looks like my Armand Nicolet:

koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » February 24th 2012, 1:01pm

iwasbanned wrote:
conjurer wrote:I've know at least a couple of guys over at BDWF that went after these things like grails, and were damned happy to land one.

I'm pretty sure the maker of these watches is Armand Nicolet. Considering Armand Nicolet does build watches for others and the fact that the dial looks like my Armand Nicolet:

Armand Nicolet is correct. George von burg is associated with SO in both asian made watches and the swissese ones.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 24th 2012, 2:41pm

I always liked the SWI watches, always coveted one. Apparently, these days they'd rather produce sports watches with names like "Maverick" and "Colosso" than this type of thing.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TVDinner

Post by TVDinner » February 24th 2012, 3:28pm

I had one of these and loved it. I had wanted it for a long time and finally found one. I eventually sold it. My main issue with it was the butterfly clasp and no way to micro adjust and no 1/2 links. It was a bigger watch with pretty good weight and I could not ever get it to fit right which drove me crazy. I did really like the look of the watch and regretted selling it

I can say first hand that the details on the watch and finish were on par with ANY of my other watches. I always wanted the 7751 version in this same color combo but they almost NEVER come up for sale.

Here is a pic of the one I owned

Last edited by Anonymous on February 25th 2012, 5:02am, edited 1 time in total.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 14th 2020, 3:48pm

I still think that this one, and all of the similar models offered at that time, we really nice watches, head and shoulders above the usual Concorsos, Bolts, and Expeditions and most other TV Land flotsam.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”