Kurono Watches

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches
koimaster
Founder

Kurono Watches

Post by koimaster » May 20th 2021, 2:54pm

"Personally, I wanted a good, reliable and reasonably price watch I can use as a daily wearer. 25 years ago, one could get such a watch at ¥200,000 - but it is very hard these days, and even less so from an independent watchmaker.

As an independent watchmaker that produces very high-end watches by hand, those production numbers are very small. Additionally, the costs involved in making my atelier watches are high. So it has always been my worry that there will be a segment of customers that want a Hajime Asaoka watch, but will not be able to get one easily if at all.

So I wanted to create something that was more easily accessible, and faster to deliver. Whether for watch collecting enthusiasts, existing atelier watch owners, or just for someone looking for a good watch - I think this mania can be satisfied."
New model released tomorrow https://kuronotokyo.com/pages/anniversa ... B7%BA-toki

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Kurono Watches

Post by DoctorIvey » May 20th 2021, 7:39pm

I'm curious what you think of these, because they are so Japanese. Especially this anniversary watch. I just don't know if they translate to Western sensibilities. And Asaoka-san, this is clearly a man who, were he raised in the America of our youth, would be intimately familiar with the swirly. And atomic wedgie.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Kurono Watches

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 21st 2021, 8:37pm

A Miyota for over $1.7K. Fucking fleecers. They have no honour, they should commit bukkake, or whatever that Japanese suicide is called.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “Asian and Far East Watches”