Fullswing Industrial company

Asian Made & Swiss Asian watches
Post Reply
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1185
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by DoctorIvey » April 22nd 2021, 9:35pm

Huh. So what we do is open a bottle of our favorite libation and meet in the chat box and spitball for a few days. Decide which iconic timepiece we want to honor copy and invent an incredible backstory. This my Lords is the real important part, where we earn our keep. We spin an exciting, nailbiting, heartwarming yarn, and invoke some de riguer modern marketing. Perhaps a mashup of WWII heroics with modern social justice, transgenders and interracial marriage -hey, I'm just going by what I see on the teevee. We get Conj to write some ad copy using a lot of swear words (again, the teevee) and call Fullswing. Maybe send AlbertaTime over there as a goodwill ambassador. Couple days later, wallah! Out pops some stunning timepieces. Once we split the booty up among ourselves we should be drinking for free for years to come, and that's even after we give two tenths of a percent profit to this month's greatest existential threat to humanity .
I suggest we strictly limit each model to say a hundred units, charge way too much, and try to answer a question that nobody has ever asked (e.g. how the hell do I manage to wear my shirt untucked when it wasn't made to be worn untucked? Shit! I wish somebody would address this). Anyway, talk among yourselves I'm sure you can come up with some better ideas. Hey, I know! We could spend a few bucks and revive a once-famous but long defunct name brand. I'll bet nobody would see that coming!
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 22nd 2021, 9:57pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 22nd 2021, 9:35pm
Huh. So what we do is open a bottle of our favorite libation and meet in the chat box and spitball for a few days. Decide which iconic timepiece we want to honor copy and invent an incredible backstory. This my Lords is the real important part, where we earn our keep. We spin an exciting, nailbiting, heartwarming yarn, and invoke some de riguer modern marketing. Perhaps a mashup of WWII heroics with modern social justice, transgenders and interracial marriage -hey, I'm just going by what I see on the teevee. We get Conj to write some ad copy using a lot of swear words (again, the teevee) and call Fullswing. Maybe send AlbertaTime over there as a goodwill ambassador. Couple days later, wallah! Out pops some stunning timepieces. Once we split the booty up among ourselves we should be drinking for free for years to come, and that's even after we give two tenths of a percent profit to this month's greatest existential threat to humanity .
I suggest we strictly limit each model to say a hundred units, charge way too much, and try to answer a question that nobody has ever asked (e.g. how the hell do I manage to wear my shirt untucked when it wasn't made to be worn untucked? Shit! I wish somebody would address this). Anyway, talk among yourselves I'm sure you can come up with some better ideas. Hey, I know! We could spend a few bucks and revive a once-famous but long defunct name brand. I'll bet nobody would see that coming!
What about Victoria Cross for the brand name, invoking the highest war-time medal of honour that can be awarded? A bit prestigious, a bit military, a bit historical with heaps of provenance. A percentage of profits could go to Victoria Cross recipients, such as Ben Roberts-Smith:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/photos ... BFW5VEZYM/
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 23rd 2021, 3:00pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 7:48am
Plus, we can enlist a suitable spokesmodel named Victoria Cross. She could be a combination master of horology/double naught ninja (think Lara Croft, not Micheline Turdling, please) who, in her spare time, brings fresh water and vegetables to underprivileged children.
Perfect! She wouldn't have to be a real person either. She could be an ideal, stamped / etched on the caseback in the style of those glamour models painted on WWII bombers. Of course we wouldn't have to mention she doesn't actually exist.

Model names? Liberty. Freedom. Nimitz...

Victoria Cross is too much text for the dial. We'll need a logo. VC, incorporating a cross.

Every watch would come packaged with a spare NATO, naturally.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 10506
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by Hawk » April 23rd 2021, 3:32pm

One of us can snag some pictures of the Alps, beautiful people strolling the picturesque boulevards of Geneva, Monaco royalty, the glitterati gambling at an exclusive Macau casino, etc.

In addition to a heart warming tale involving some random Swiss guy wanting to honor his family’s centuries in watchmaking and/or a couple of comely British models at the height of their design expertise we can inject the buzzwords so appealing to the target market - things like surgical stainless steel, genuine leather alligator embossed, sapphire coated crystals and maybe slap a logo on the rotor of a cheap ass mechanical movement thus making it “in house” and sew fourth.

So, funding. What’s the consensus? Kickstarter? Spamming watch forums for pre-orders? Something else?
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 23rd 2021, 3:59pm

Hawk wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 3:32pm
One of us can snag some pictures of the Alps, beautiful people strolling the picturesque boulevards of Geneva, Monaco royalty, the glitterati gambling at an exclusive Macau casino, etc.

In addition to a heart warming tale involving some random Swiss guy wanting to honor his family’s centuries in watchmaking and/or a couple of comely British models at the height of their design expertise we can inject the buzzwords so appealing to the target market - things like surgical stainless steel, genuine leather alligator embossed, sapphire coated crystals and maybe slap a logo on the rotor of a cheap ass mechanical movement thus making it “in house” and sew fourth.

So, funding. What’s the consensus? Kickstarter? Spamming watch forums for pre-orders? Something else?
Now you're talking.

Why limit ourselves to just one of those proven funding options? Sweet kid.

Can we get a bunch of influencers to do video reviews of our wartches fine Swiss timepieces and then spam every YouTube video with them?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 23rd 2021, 4:04pm

Just came up with some useful buzzwords. What about:

> Essentialist watches.
> Mission-critical cockpit instruments.
> Fused with diver tools.
Zero Distraction.
NASA Aerospace Grade Titanium.
Adventure Equipped.
Cockpit Proven Designs.

I just brainstormed some more ideas for names:

Honour
Endure
Scout
Valour
Courgette (although I don't really understand this one)
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1185
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by DoctorIvey » April 23rd 2021, 8:52pm

Hawk wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 3:32pm

So, funding. What’s the consensus? Kickstarter? Spamming watch forums for pre-orders? Something else?
EXCELLENT question. For this, we should consult the real geniuses. Pity we burned those bridges. So, WWGD?
I have some suggestions. 1) Go Fund Me. Naturally we wouldn't be so stupid as to ask for watch seed money. What we should do is get a picture of an adorable kid and claim he or she has cancer. (Serendipity: we get to practice our ad copy/story telling.) Alternatively, we have a watch gathering at an expensive resort and determine which of us is in the most protected class. We beat the snot out of him (I'm not suggesting he take a literal bullet for the team, mind you) and sue the bejeepers out of them for lack of security. If this fails there is 2) Pretty sure Woodman Lanes is still in business. The less said about that the better.
This ought to get us started. The real work begins when it's time to grease the palms of government officials and such to skate around questionable advertising and secure contracts. Take that, Marathon! This, however, may require a trip to Panama.
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 23rd 2021, 9:04pm

The only influencer I know personally:

https://theright.fit/talent/laine-hoffman

She would be happy to film unbiased positive reviews of a few Victoria Cross models if we paid for her and her partner (and maybe a few of their closest influential friends) to stay at Cable Beach for a few days (where no doubt the sun, water and salt would put our wartches to the test).
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1185
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by DoctorIvey » April 24th 2021, 6:15am

I looked at her pitchers and I must say dame fortune must be smiling on the Lords as this woman could well be Victoria Cross. She could launch a thousand ships at an Invicta-esque midnight regatta. Cannot believe you know her in real life. No, I mean it. Pretty sure you're lying.
Just spitballing here, but I've been inspired by old memories of the glory that was the Minkster's tour beyond. Remember that awesomeness? The problem, as I see it, was that he tried to make his both mechanical and tied to the movement (or engine, as real experts say), which seems needlessly complicated. The purpose of the tour beyond movement, I'm given to understand by my watchmaker friend at the jewelry store at the mall (the one who complimented my Invicters) is to hold the attention of the viewer. I'm thinking about a revolutionary quartz tour beyond, possibly even a remote tour beyond springing up on the side of the wartch like that monstrous orange thing I just saw, or perhaps the compass on a Luminox. A sort of mesmerizing spinning ball, that if made in a shiny color would no doubt hypnotize most geeks. Perhaps we could "go green" and make it solar powered as well. If it were shiny green instead of gold we could literally go green. Not sure if this would confuse the rubes valued customers or clarify for them.
I have an even more bold idea for VX (that's what the cool kids call it) but it should be, IMO, placed on the back burner until we're more established. I learnt this from my marketing classes about forty years ago, you start off with a simpler, easy to understand product, because people are basically stupid and simple, and then after you suck them in you go full-on awesome. Imagine, for example, how confused the local farmers would have been if Hank Ford tried to sell the GT 40 before he released the Model T.
My idea is to create a giant, shiny, remote quartz tour beyond where the huge bubbled plastic thing (or crystal, as the fat man on the teevee calls it) houses the tour beyond movement, which is really just a series of animated snow globes. The actual wartch part could be on the strap where you have to crane your elbow up to see it.
Anyway, cogitate on this and I think you'll agree that the college did not put me in charge of moving compost bins into the hallways for nothing. I am a bloody jeenyus.
User avatar
jason_recliner
ASSHAT
Posts: 8157
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Fullswing Industrial company

Post by jason_recliner » April 24th 2021, 8:49pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 24th 2021, 6:15am
I looked at her pitchers and I must say dame fortune must be smiling on the Lords as this woman could well be Victoria Cross. She could launch a thousand ships at an Invicta-esque midnight regatta. Cannot believe you know her in real life. No, I mean it. Pretty sure you're lying.
Just spitballing here, but I've been inspired by old memories of the glory that was the Minkster's tour beyond. Remember that awesomeness? The problem, as I see it, was that he tried to make his both mechanical and tied to the movement (or engine, as real experts say), which seems needlessly complicated. The purpose of the tour beyond movement, I'm given to understand by my watchmaker friend at the jewelry store at the mall (the one who complimented my Invicters) is to hold the attention of the viewer. I'm thinking about a revolutionary quartz tour beyond, possibly even a remote tour beyond springing up on the side of the wartch like that monstrous orange thing I just saw, or perhaps the compass on a Luminox. A sort of mesmerizing spinning ball, that if made in a shiny color would no doubt hypnotize most geeks. Perhaps we could "go green" and make it solar powered as well. If it were shiny green instead of gold we could literally go green. Not sure if this would confuse the rubes valued customers or clarify for them.
I have an even more bold idea for VX (that's what the cool kids call it) but it should be, IMO, placed on the back burner until we're more established. I learnt this from my marketing classes about forty years ago, you start off with a simpler, easy to understand product, because people are basically stupid and simple, and then after you suck them in you go full-on awesome. Imagine, for example, how confused the local farmers would have been if Hank Ford tried to sell the GT 40 before he released the Model T.
My idea is to create a giant, shiny, remote quartz tour beyond where the huge bubbled plastic thing (or crystal, as the fat man on the teevee calls it) houses the tour beyond movement, which is really just a series of animated snow globes. The actual wartch part could be on the strap where you have to crane your elbow up to see it.
Anyway, cogitate on this and I think you'll agree that the college did not put me in charge of moving compost bins into the hallways for nothing. I am a bloody jeenyus.
Yes I must confess, I don't know her well at all. She's the girlfriend of a former colleague. I was actually thinking Jessica Alba could be Victoria Cross. Poor, at least, cartoon likeness of her. Presumably we wouldn't have to pay her to use a drawing of her?

I love the concept of a quartz torbeeyon. Definitely did in with the mil-spec pedigree of the brand. I'm a little concerned, however, that it might be technically difficult to construct and expensive to produce. What do you think about, perhaps, a digital torbeeyon? On, like, a smart watch?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Post Reply

Return to “Asian and Far East Watches”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest